Deeper into His word study - Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 15, 2024
Victoria, Australia
I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35

All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. John 10:8

My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. John 7:16

I and My Father are one. John 10:30

Though shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. John 13:13

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. 5:23

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. John 7:15

For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. Matthew 24:5

He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. John 14:24

If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 6:31-32

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
All good Scriptures, and surely true. But, what is the point you are trying to make?

Holy Trinity?
Jesus is the only way to eternal salvation?
The Holy Bible is the Book of Truth?

...or, possibly, all of the above?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35

All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. John 10:8

Though shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. 5:23

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. John 7:15

For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. Matthew 24:5

He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. John 14:24

If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 6:31-32
What a horrible and tragic situation to have no understanding of one's purpose and potential and the meaning of life in general. Our situation is one of great serendipity. WE ARE LOVED by the One who has the power and worthiness to deliver. PTL! :D

Give your life to Jesus today!

Revelation 3:20
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Amen ,

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭61:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭

“Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. ….he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42:1, 3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
All good Scriptures, and surely true. But, what is the point you are trying to make?

Holy Trinity?
Jesus is the only way to eternal salvation?
The Holy Bible is the Book of Truth?

...or, possibly, all of the above?
seems to point to Christs word in the gospel and that we should look into it

Feb 15, 2024
Victoria, Australia
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death. Rev 2:11