Definitely not starry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

guilbautedsookie

I used to practice astrology, and I repented it during our baptism and I still am plagued by it. It's as if every time I look at an article about a person the first thing I look at is the birthday for example December 15, and sorry for this, I would think, "Oh he's a Sagittarius" and ugh it's just I don't wanna deal with that again for I believe God created us in his image and the stars can never ever tell who we are, what we will be and what we will face in this world for only Christ can.

Well, just wanna ask how can I avoid that mindset? And also just wanna ask, what is the Christian view on astrology as for something "fun" per se? (I am convincing my friend to drop believing that Virgos are this and that) -- that is it's not to map lives but just for the sake of being reminded or answering when someone asks you what your sign is?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Everytime you see something or think this thought ,say I don,t think so in The Name of Jesus, rebuke the thought! Don,t give any place to it!
Or plead the blood ofJesus so the thought will leave,
God bless you!

Feb 16, 2011
I used to practice astrology, and I repented it during our baptism and I still am plagued by it. It's as if every time I look at an article about a person the first thing I look at is the birthday for example December 15, and sorry for this, I would think, "Oh he's a Sagittarius" and ugh it's just I don't wanna deal with that again for I believe God created us in his image and the stars can never ever tell who we are, what we will be and what we will face in this world for only Christ can.

Well, just wanna ask how can I avoid that mindset? And also just wanna ask, what is the Christian view on astrology as for something "fun" per se? (I am convincing my friend to drop believing that Virgos are this and that) -- that is it's not to map lives but just for the sake of being reminded or answering when someone asks you what your sign is?
You should read Galatians. They had the same problem. I believe you would find your answer in this book of the Bible. The Galatians had problems with observing things like that.

May 21, 2009
You have the mind of Christ. Say that out loud all the time. You can stop doing something but you still have memory. Don't let it bother you ok. Whats important is you stopped it. I would say out loud any demonic force that attached to me from this------- leave now in the name of Jesus. Mean it and know they have to leave ok. God bless you!

U

Ugly

Yeah, don't beat yourself up over it. It is a habit you have conditioned yourself into, and it is one you will have to condition yourself out of. Just how it took time to get into that habit, it will take time to get out. Perhaps find a scripture that means something special to you and every time you find yourself doing this, repeat the scripture to yourself a couple times instead, that way you can have a new thought to replace the old one.
Also, the bible strongly ties astrology to occult practices and is very very frowned upon. So anything from your past that ties into that belief system you should distance yourself from. Tarot cards, numerology, divination, speaking with the dead, etc.. all occult. Hope this helped.

G

guilbautedsookie

Thanks for the pieces of advice guys! I do want to ask for any bible verses I can write on my journal so that whenever this happens I have something to turn to :)

G

guilbautedsookie

You have the mind of Christ. Say that out loud all the time. You can stop doing something but you still have memory. Don't let it bother you ok. Whats important is you stopped it. I would say out loud any demonic force that attached to me from this------- leave now in the name of Jesus. Mean it and know they have to leave ok. God bless you!
I do that at times LOL. Especially when the temptation is too strong.

G

guilbautedsookie

Yeah, don't beat yourself up over it. It is a habit you have conditioned yourself into, and it is one you will have to condition yourself out of. Just how it took time to get into that habit, it will take time to get out. Perhaps find a scripture that means something special to you and every time you find yourself doing this, repeat the scripture to yourself a couple times instead, that way you can have a new thought to replace the old one.
Also, the bible strongly ties astrology to occult practices and is very very frowned upon. So anything from your past that ties into that belief system you should distance yourself from. Tarot cards, numerology, divination, speaking with the dead, etc.. all occult. Hope this helped.
Hi yes maybe like I've been hooked to that for 6 years :) Yes can you share to me any bible verses about that? :)

A

AnandaHya

I just think of it as imagination and lies that war against the knowledge of God and tries and steal your peace.

Don't let it. here are some Bible verses..

Zechariah 10:2
For the idols speak delusion; The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore the people wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because there is no shepherd.

Remember JESUS is LORD and your Shepherd, You do not want to believe lies and have vain comfort. Place your faith in GOD not the imaginations of men.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyo8BZ8T0s&feature=related[/video]

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Luke 4:8And Jesus answered and said:
Get the behind me satan:( for it is written,Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shall thou serve)
Dueteronomy6:13,14
Thou shall fear the Lord thy God, and him only shall thou serve

Hope these scriptures help! Look what Jesus said

May 21, 2009
Thanks for the pieces of advice guys! I do want to ask for any bible verses I can write on my journal so that whenever this happens I have something to turn to :)

1. Leviticus 19:26
    You shall not eat anything with the blood; neither shall you use magic, omens, or witchcraft [or predict events by horoscope or signs and lucky days].
    Leviticus 19:25-27 (in Context) Leviticus 19 (Whole Chapter)
  2. 1 Samuel 15:23
    For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as idolatry and teraphim (household good luck images). Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.
    1 Samuel 15:22-24 (in Context) 1 Samuel 15 (Whole Chapter)
  3. 2 Kings 9:22
    When Joram saw Jehu, he said, Is it peace, Jehu? And he answered, How can peace exist as long as the fornications of your mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?
    2 Kings 9:21-23 (in Context) 2 Kings 9 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Isaiah 57:3
    But come close, you sons of a sorceress [nursed in witchcraft and superstition], you offspring of an adulterer and a harlot.
    Isaiah 57:2-4 (in Context) Isaiah 57 (Whole Chapter)
  5. Micah 5:12
    And I will cut off witchcrafts and sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more soothsayers.
    Micah 5:11-13 (in Context) Micah 5 (Whole Chapter)