deliverance ministry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ember

You know what may be worse? Pastors who let in anyone to draw a crowd and then all h-e-double hockey sticks breaks loose

I've seen that and frankly I would rather just say 'no'

People need to be delivered of all these ministries floating around and get serious about God themselves

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Deliverance takes many forms. Why do we always associate it with mostly demons?

In the Psalm we read that our soul can be delivered from death 116:8, delivered from the violent man 18:48, delivered from all fears 34:4, delivered out of troubles 34:17, delivered from sins 39:8.

Even the mouth of the upright will deliver them - Prov. 12:6

We have already been delivered from the power of Satan (by Jesus) - Col. 1:13

Jesus delivers us from the wrath of God - I Th. 1:10
BUT THE BEST IN MY MIND: God compasses me about with songs of deliverance - Ps. 32:7 :)

It looks like the only one Who really has a deliverance ministry is the Lord, Himself.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Oh I agree. But even better if they could hear and obey the leading of the Spirit.

A

atwhatcost

Deliverance takes many forms. Why do we always associate it with mostly demons?

In the Psalm we read that our soul can be delivered from death 116:8, delivered from the violent man 18:48, delivered from all fears 34:4, delivered out of troubles 34:17, delivered from sins 39:8.

Even the mouth of the upright will deliver them - Prov. 12:6

We have already been delivered from the power of Satan (by Jesus) - Col. 1:13

Jesus delivers us from the wrath of God - I Th. 1:10
BUT THE BEST IN MY MIND: God compasses me about with songs of deliverance - Ps. 32:7 :)

It looks like the only one Who really has a deliverance ministry is the Lord, Himself.
This is where my original confusion came from. Of course I've heard of deliverance. David was repeatedly delivered from Saul and at least once from his son. The Israelites were delivered from enemies and sometimes delivered to enemies. I've seen and heard of people delivered from pain. Hubby was delivered from the addiction of nicotine for seven years. (And then stuff happened, he had a cigarette, and God's not making it easy this time.) Many have been delivered from all kinds of addictions. His first wife was even delivered from demons. (One of the times I've heard of it happening during a church service.) I just didn't know they actually had circuses for demons anymore. Kind of thought those tent shows died out in the 70's.

Deliverance I believe in. Viral demons? Not so much.

HQ

Jan 26, 2014
I know very little about the Pentecostal movement however I have a new coworker from Africa (a very nice young man) that has been telling me how Satan has gained a stronghold in his home country. Voodoo has become very widespread and curses are being put on people. These cursed people are in turn using charms or performing rituals for protection. Anyways, it "appears" that many possessed individuals are being cleansed of demons after accepting Jesus and renouncing Satan.

So as bizarre as some of these cleansing sessions seem to be (at least the ones I've seen on TV and YouTube) they do appear to be providing a valuable service to both the victims and families.

So what do you all think? Is it a valid ministry or simply a vile money-making gimmick? Or maybe a little of both?

A

atwhatcost

I know very little about the Pentecostal movement however I have a new coworker from Africa (a very nice young man) that has been telling me how Satan has gained a stronghold in his home country. Voodoo has become very widespread and curses are being put on people. These cursed people are in turn using charms or performing rituals for protection. Anyways, it "appears" that many possessed individuals are being cleansed of demons after accepting Jesus and renouncing Satan.

So as bizarre as some of these cleansing sessions seem to be (at least the ones I've seen on TV and YouTube) they do appear to be providing a valuable service to both the victims and families.

So what do you all think? Is it a valid ministry or simply a vile money-making gimmick? Or maybe a little of both?
Satan doesn't have a foothold in Africa. He has Africa. Kind of like Haiti. Too many gave in so long ago, they don't know the land has been cursed because of it, until God comes along and brings them into his light.

An old friend of hubby was a missionary in Kenya. There was no need for circus tent deliverance. Just a need for God. And yes, of course some deliverance, even from demons, but that's not all he did. That was a small portion of the work. He retired. Kenyans are running that church-planting now. God's still moving.

E

ember

Demons and being set free from them whether they oppress or control or whatever, is NOT a Pentecostal idea.

All of it is IN the Bible...which is why I said people need to be delivered from ministries and get serious themselves.

I don't watch demon interventions on youtube...again, it's all in the Bible and it's real

The Bible does not make mention of demon evictions as a ministry, but rather the portion of EVERY believer

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

As had been said before, many Christians seem to put the period in the sentence at the end of 'we wrestle not.'