Deliverance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Salvation is translated in the Greek to mean a deliverance. Is our eternal deliverance the only deliverance we receive?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Deliverance from sickness (shown by Christ healing; also pictured in the tree of life restored in Revelation)
Deliverance from mental illness (shown by Christ casting out demons; peace)
Deliverance from oppression ("set the captives free")
Deliverance from the bondage/power of sin (Holy Spirit & Divine power)
Israel's Deliverance from their enemies (the Kingly Messiah restoring the kingdom; coming soon)
Deliverance from death (new bodies, coming soon)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Deliverance from sickness (shown by Christ healing; also pictured in the tree of life restored in Revelation)
Deliverance from mental illness (shown by Christ casting out demons; peace)
Deliverance from oppression ("set the captives free")
Deliverance from the bondage/power of sin (Holy Spirit & Divine power)
Israel's Deliverance from their enemies (the Kingly Messiah restoring the kingdom; coming soon)
Deliverance from death (new bodies, coming soon)
Do you believe that the scriptures that are talking about salvation, that not all are talking about eternal salvation, and that most of them are referring to a deliverance (salvation) as we sojourn here on earth? Could this be part of "rightly dividing the word of truth"?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Do you believe that the scriptures that are talking about salvation, that not all are talking about eternal salvation, and that most of them are referring to a deliverance (salvation) as we sojourn here on earth? Could this be part of "rightly dividing the word of truth"?
You seem to be referring to several different things but I'm not sure how you're using your words. Can you define your terms for me and then provide an example from scripture? Then I can better tackle your question

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You seem to be referring to several different things but I'm not sure how you're using your words. Can you define your terms for me and then provide an example from scripture? Then I can better tackle your question
After Jesus died and payed for all of our sins, and we have been born again and commit a sin, we do not lose our inheritance of eternal life, but we do lose our good standing and fellowship with God until we repent. When we repent and God forgives us we are saved (delivered) from the effects of that sin. That is an example of a salvation we receive here on earth. Two separations of the salvation (deliverance). One deliverance is received when Jesus comes back and takes his elect home to everlasting life, The other deliverance (salvation) we receive as we sojourn here on earth every time that we repent. Does this make sense to you? Rom 10:1-2, Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel (this is referring to Jacob as God changed his name to Israel, Gen 33:32, and he is representative of God's elect) is that they might be saved (delivered from a lack of knowledge), for I bear them record that they have a "ZEAL" (evidence of being of the elect) of God, but not according to knowledge. This is an example of a deliverance (salvation) that they would receive here on earth after Paul gave knowledge to them through his preaching of the gospel. It would also explain why Jesus instructed his Apostles to go and preach to the lost sheep (God's elect) of the house of Israel (Jacob).

Feb 28, 2016
Don't forget about deliverance from 'demons and demonic influence'...
Christ spent 'a whole lot of His time' in this area of His ministry...

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Don't forget about deliverance from 'demons and demonic influence'...
Christ spent 'a whole lot of His time' in this area of His ministry...
Yes, these salvation were received here in this world and had nothing to do with altering their eternal salvation.