Democratic Party USA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Before FDR the Democrats were the conservatives and visa versa. The wall street crash of 29 and following depression just got worse because of the dust bowl phenomena. Desperate times called for desperate measures and the democrats got flipped. My fathers family lost everything and lived in a model T Ford on route 66. There were 7 of them in an old beat up 'tin lizzie'.
I keep hearing flipped but this is not the case.

In 1960, Democrats held every Senate seat south of the Mason-Dixon line. In the 13 states that made up the Confederacy a century earlier, Democrats held a staggering 117-8 advantage in the House of Representatives. The Democratic Party was so strong in the south that those 117 House members made up a full 41% of Democrats' 283-153 advantage in the Chamber.

The 86th United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives.

the membership of the House temporarily increased to 437 (seating one member from each of those newly admitted states and leaving the apportionment of the other 435 seats unchanged); it would remain at 437 until reapportionment resulting from the 1960 census. Both chambers had a Democratic majority.

Dust bowl happened in the 1930-40s.

No switch occurred. Simply demographics and morals shifted as the South was a large target for northern missionaries.

J

Johnjo

Ya misspelled yeller.
Ain’t nobody can control the almighty autocorrect...lol...but what you said made me think of an ole Hank Williams song...something about land so hard and yeller you’d need a sack of fertilizer to put up an umbreller.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I keep hearing flipped but this is not the case.

In 1960, Democrats held every Senate seat south of the Mason-Dixon line. In the 13 states that made up the Confederacy a century earlier, Democrats held a staggering 117-8 advantage in the House of Representatives. The Democratic Party was so strong in the south that those 117 House members made up a full 41% of Democrats' 283-153 advantage in the Chamber.

The 86th United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives.

the membership of the House temporarily increased to 437 (seating one member from each of those newly admitted states and leaving the apportionment of the other 435 seats unchanged); it would remain at 437 until reapportionment resulting from the 1960 census. Both chambers had a Democratic majority.

Dust bowl happened in the 1930-40s.

No switch occurred. Simply demographics and morals shifted as the South was a large target for northern missionaries.
Yes. My fathers family called themselves Southern Democrats and voted for George Wallace for president, twice in protest.

J

Johnjo

That was the days of old, quite literally, Strom Thurmond.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Ain’t nobody can control the almighty autocorrect...lol...but what you said made me think of an ole Hank Williams song...something about land so hard and yeller you’d need a sack of fertilizer to put up an umbreller.
Hank Senior was my dad's favorite. (Mom's was Elvis) (not Costello.)

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Speaking of Nazi Germany, it was the Vatican who helped smuggle Nazi war criminals out of Germany

the biggest reason I don't vote Republican is Republicans don't seem to understand the concept of separation of church and state
also they're the ones who keep pushing bat poop crazy conspiracy theories like pizzagate
Apparently, you do not know that the majority of Catholics are Democrats.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Hitler started as a Catholic but in the middle he started believing Norse mythology, the Vrill society , Astrology etc... The Vatican (not most Catholics has been very corrupt since before Martin Luther. Remember Pope Alexander VI aka Cardinal Borgia. Lucretia was his illegitimate daughter.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I live in an area that has a few remaining yeller dog democrats. They would still vote for a yeller dog before they would vote for a republican. Most of them grew up in the thirties and know what it was like growing up in the dirt poor south. If it were not for the projects implemented by FDR, many would have starved.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Speaking of Nazi Germany, it was the Vatican who helped smuggle Nazi war criminals out of Germany

the biggest reason I don't vote Republican is Republicans don't seem to understand the concept of separation of church and state
also they're the ones who keep pushing bat poop crazy conspiracy theories like pizzagate
It's a conspiracy theory that Republicans push conspiracy theories.

Jun 18, 2020
Hitler started as a Catholic but in the middle he started believing Norse mythology, the Vrill society , Astrology etc... The Vatican (not most Catholics has been very corrupt since before Martin Luther. Remember Pope Alexander VI aka Cardinal Borgia. Lucretia was his illegitimate daughter.
Lucretia MacEvil...Blood Sweat and Tears made a song about her if me memory serves correctly....