Democrats don't like Catholic Church saying Biden can't have Communion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
Communion is only for believers. Real believers. Those who take communion in an unworthy manner bring judgement on themselves. In the church, this means looking down on Christians less fortunate. The world should not even be in Christian meetings, apart from those dedicated to evangelism.

Catholic communion is not the real thing anyway. Only the clergy can take the wine, which is an insult to Lord Jesus.

1 Corinthians 11:17-32
In the following instructions I have no praise to offer, because your gatherings do more harm than good. First of all, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. And indeed, there must be differences among you to show which of you are approved.

Now then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat. For as you eat, each of you goes ahead without sharing his meal. While one remains hungry, another gets drunk. Don’t you have your own homes in which to eat and drink? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What can I say to you? Shall I praise you for this? No, I will not!

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Each one must examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

Now if we judged ourselves properly, we would not come under judgment. But when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.
The only unworthy manner Paul spoke of in that passage to the Corinthian church was eating ahead of everyone else, eating to get full, drinking to get drunk, having divisions, and not observing the Lord's death until He comes. That's the unworthy manner.

You will find that Paul could have taken time to tell them that they can't be unrepentant sinners and still take the communion. Know why? Because people are not perfect and won't be while still entwined in this mortal coil.

So to say a practicing Catholic who is pro-abortion cannot take communion because they deemed him unworthy is a sin. As long as he isn't eating to fill his belly, get drunk, has no divisions, and observes the Lord's death until He returns then he can take communion.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If the communists are angry, the church must be doing something right.
Not necessarily. The Communists want to destroy Christianity (if possible). So they are burning down churches and attacking Christians. In Canada all the provincial governments as well as the federal government have targeted Christians and churches through the COVID Scamdemic. What we now have is a blend of Communism and Fascism, with the COVID Gestapo on the loose.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
not sure I know what u mean here... but

If baby killers and conservative-haters who cancel those who disagree w/ them.. have "the high ground morally"

I freaking give up
Words are powerful, that is why the anti God people are waging a war of words inventing new meaning to words used for hundreds of years. I use my words very carefully, and try not to give the opposition any kudos. I try to keep to the truth so I have to avoid using their meaning of words. Therefore I talk about them having the moral LOW ground.

And I will never use the word gay in terms of homosexuals because it is a lie. A two year study of 200 homosexuals found that the one thing they are not and that is gay.

Yesterday I read an article that said according to research, if the government approves of christianity it is usually weak. If the government opposes it then it usually is strong. It quoted China who used to have 1 million christians. Since the heat has been put on them by the communists under Xi, there are now 100 million.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Not letting you take communion is the ultimate sanction for the catholic church because they have elevated it to idolotry. No one in the New Testament church took communion. They had daily communal meals to ensure that no one went without that day. That is the whole point of the passage in Corinthians. Don't fill your face if others who had not arrived who could not contribute came later. Wait!