Denying the power thereof

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Glorification... So many think that glorification will only happen when Jesus returns, but what do we call the Baptism, or INPLANT of the Holy Spirit then? If God gives me HIS Spirit to live inside me for as long as He sees fit, what is that then? Does this not mean God made me a GODLY PERSON with the HOLY SPIRIT as the ONLY Spirit in me? IS that now the glorification Jesus had?

Jesus was a glorified GODLY MAN, with the Holy Spirit as the DRIVING (MOVING) Force in Him, and now God plants that Spirit into ALL HOLY MEN.... Does that not constitute GLORIFICATION? Yes it does.... Glorification is DONE HERE on earth, the moment God implants HIS HOLY SPIRIT into a person.

Tin tin please show me two verses to confirm your statements... 1. show me where we will both be sants and sinners. IMPOSSIBLE to be both... That is like saying we can serve Satan and God at the same time.... False my friend.

2. Please show me that there is a covering of sin from Jesus' part... Jesus does not have to cover ANYTHING when He saves a person... the Salvation REMOVES not covers... Yes PAST sin is covered by forgiveness, but present sin will end ALL SINNER up in hell. People think they can continue to sin, and still go to heaven. BIG GAMBLE as sinless said.

Tintin you talk about more and more like Jesus, would we be like Him here on earth? Since it is HIS WORK that does it, would we ever reach that perfection? If we do not, God cannot do proper work. And if we can HOW DOES HE DO IT AND WHEN?

T

Tintin

Paper bags on their heads? That's a bit weird but oh no! Watch out for the lights, lasers and secular music. Let's blame something other than the evil of our own unredeemed souls. Broken families have a lot more to answer for.

I even saw footage of a pentecostal church playing secular music with lights, lasers and dancing with paper sacks on their head. Absolutely crazy, no wonder are kids are messed up.

A

Abiding

You right, true repentance IS not ever sinning again....words are cheap
Any idea why the law didnt work, or why Hebrews tell is we must first cease from our own works.
Is the outside of your cup pretty clean?

A

Abiding

People can use more help in how than being told what they must do.

Feb 17, 2013
Paper bags on their heads? That's a bit weird but oh no! Watch out for the lights, lasers and secular music. Let's blame something other than the evil of our own unredeemed souls. Broken families have a lot more to answer for.
I don't think that God would approve or would be involved in a service playing "Hells bell" which some do. Im Pentecostal and under the impression that we should be Holy and in this world but not of it. Nothing the world can offer praises God.

Feb 17, 2013
I wouldn't set foot in a church that didn't sing praise and glory to God and anointed music is the highest form of praise and worship. A whole book was apart for it and that is Psalms

Feb 17, 2013
Because, when you sing about Jesus, The Holy Ghost shows up and people are convicted and get saved. It's in the Name of Jesus, not beyonce, not ac\dc, not pdiddy. not hank jr. But the name of Jesus that ever devil in hell trembles and shakes with fear. It the name of jesus that sets me free. It's the name that is above every name, and shall people hear that name unless it is preached from the pulpit.

All Praise and glory to the name of Jesus. Amen!!!!!

T

Tintin

I've never heard of that song but I presumed that when you said 'secular music' you meant modern praise and worship (something other than hymns). My mistake. Sorry!

I don't think that God would approve or would be involved in a service playing "Hells bell" which some do. Im Pentecostal and under the impression that we should be Holy and in this world but not of it. Nothing the world can offer praises God.

Apr 4, 2013
People can use more help in how than being told what they must do.
The first step to being perfected is to realize it is not us, but Christ in us. Only by the grace of God working in us and for us enables us to accomplish perfection. Even then it is not us alone, but the Holy Spirit working in us that accomplishes this, yet when we get to Heaven we get the credit.
Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

So back to the question How does God accomplish this in us?
By showing us exactly who Christ is, and who we are. So when you ask yourself who is Christ and who we are you will probably come up with many answers. God incarnate, Creator of the universe, my friend, my Savior, prince of peace, eternal Father, mighty God. Christ is Lord, the only true and righteous One, the almighty these are all true. We are the redeemed, the Church, His body, a royal priesthood ect..., and these are all true. However to be who God has called us to be we need to see Jesus as He is. Jesus is King, Bridegroom, and Judge. We also need to see ourselves as God sees us, not as we see ourselves, not as the world sees us, and certainly not as the Devil tries to tells us we are. We need to know who Christ really is and who we are in Christ.
We need to see Jesus as King, and not a king, but the King, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and ourselves as His kings. We are royalty, we are not beggers begging for God to be merciful to us. We are kings and priest before our God. Jesus has full authority over all the Earth, and things above the Earth and below the Earth, and we belong to Him. When we realize we are not worthless sinners saved by grace, but kings worthy of the blood of The King, then we will stop wallowing in the mud with pigs, and begin to fullfil our destiny as the ruling class of Heaven.
Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Revelation 2:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Apr 4, 2013
The revelation that will truly change your life if you are able to fully comprhend the ramifications of this truth, is the 'Bridal Paradigm''/ Jesus as Bridegroom. When we see Christ as our beloved Bridegroom, and we as His cherished Bride, perfect in His sight, we will undoubtedly rid ourselves of all sin, and rededicate our lives to loving, and serving our Groom. When we come to the realization of the undying, unending, unexplainable love Christ has for us, we will love Him and others like we did not know was possible.
Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
The Bible says in in 2nd Corinthians 6:14 to not be unequally yoked. Do you think Jesus is returning of an unequally yoke Bride? No, and He is not sitting in Heaven waiting for you to get your act straight before He returns. If you are not equally yoked to Christ when He returns you will not be apart of His Bride.
''Glory, is accomplishing what God has put us here on Earth to do" What God has created us to do or become is an equally yoked Bride for Christ, and to be equally yoked with Christ we must become perfected, and sinless in every way.
Ephesians 5
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Jesus is returning for a perfected, equally yoked Bride. Will we make ourselves ready?
Revelation 19
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Apr 4, 2013
Lastly but certainly not least we need to see Jesus as Judge, The one and only all mighty, all righteous, truly just Judge. He will judge the world, us included. We need to remember we are redeemed without forgetting the severity of Christ's Judgments.
Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
2nd Corinthians 5
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Apr 4, 2013
We must see Jesus as King, Bridegroom, and Judge. Too many times we see Him as one or the other, and not all three. Jesus not only King ruling the world with a fist of iron, with out Love or compassion, but He is also our Bridegroom loving us unconditionally. He is not just our Bridegroom loving us so much that He turns a blind eye to our sin, but He is also our Judge, and He is righteous, and just, therefore He cannot disregard the standard He has place on man for our good. And He is not just our Judge rulingarbitarily, but He is King, the King that has set up the boundries by which we must live.

Apr 4, 2013
If we can align our beliefs with scripture, then and only then will we be able to accomplish what scripture promises we are capable of. Therefore let us seek God's face, let us learn who Christ is, let us receive the knowledge of who we are in Him, that we will be able to walk in all the grace, truth, power, and authority that He walked in. Let us arise and wage war against the enemy. Let us remain steadfast in His goodness. Let us persuade men of His judgments. Let us walk as royalty fufilling the high calling of Christ.

Nov 26, 2011
Sinless speaks the truth in this thread.

One cannot abide in Jesus Christ and rebel against Him at the same time. We can only serve one master yet we can pretend to serve two.

We are either a slave of righteousness or a slave of sin.

[video=youtube;9eL57nAm9Lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eL57nAm9Lo[/video]