Depression and just feeling empty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TIWIH777

Hey guys. For the past several months I've just sort of lost my zest for life. I'm a christian, so I know I have the meanign and purpose of life, but for some reason i still jsut get these feelings of hopelessness and just plain emptiness. I mean nothing really bad or whatever is happenign in my life to try and crush me. I'm just kind of fizzed out. And it sucks. It really sucks. I want to live my life for God to my fullest, but I just keep sitting in a nice deep pit of blah. Please pray for me guys.

Oct 23, 2009
Lots of things could be wrong. Do you eat right? Do you get enough rest? Are you active in a church or some sort of community service?

I hope you start feeling better.

S

sunshine_debbie

Lately I have been going through a major crisis of faith which involved God giving me severe depression and panic in order to bring me back closer to him. I am still severely depressed and anxious all the time. I have talked to many, many, people and strangely enough, it seems that sometimes it is harder to just have the blah's, because you cant put your finger on the problem. You feel lost and empty, while I am scared to death, hysterically crying for someone, anyone to help me. I get attention, and you get the blahs. I am especially going to pray for you right this minute. Because my fear is that eventually that lost and empty feeling will get replaced by something worse if you do not go directly to God and pray with all your might.

Debbie

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
No problem Im already praying that Jesus refillls the joy in your life!
God bless, pickles

T

TIWIH777

thanks guys. i think a lot of it has to do with the amount of rest i get (the whole teenager wants to stay up late gig doesn't work with high school), plus it is my senior year in high school and they do have a thing called senioritus which involves lack of motivation, etc. i've just worked so hard in school and i guess i want to chill. the problem is i've gone from one end of the scale to the other sometimes lol. i've been praying. my mom and dad have been helping me out. thanks guys!

L

lighter

Hi.am lighter,you are wonderfully and fearfully made,the devil knows this thus the reason of all depression
Cast your burden unto the Lord for He cares for you,

please pray thisv prayer with me:
Father in Jesus name I come before you this day,I declare and decree that there is no God like you.
I thank you for the blood of Jesus that was shed on my behalf,thru the blood of jesus am whole and i have access to the throne of mercies
I speak against the powers of darkness that come to destroy me,am the temple of God and the devil has no place in me,am more than a conqurer for my Redeemer lives.
I uproot and destroy every work,emotions and the mind of the devil 9over my life,I hide myself under the precious blood of Jesus where the devil can do me no harm.in Jesus name i pray and belive AMEN