Depression, anxiety and hell.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

John 10:27-28
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

John 17:2-3~ You granted Him authority over all people, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent.:)

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
I've been battling depression and anxiety for the past decade or so, and have completely isolated myself from everyone, friends and family and have been alone all that time. It's only the past 4/5 days ago that I finally saw the light and turned to Christ. Things do seem to be already turning around, even if slightly, though one thing does give me anxiety, which is hell. I accept Jesus as my lord and savior, and he died for my sins to save me from eternal separation from him and his love. Now people say just this acknowledgement alone is enough for my salvation, but I still doubt.. How can it be that simple? I won't go into detail, but I've been living in sin for a long long time, and I feel disgusting.. I'm a repulsive human being but now I accept Jesus as my king and lord, I'm now saved? I just seems too easy. Any thoughts? I have no one at all to talk with about this. I feel so alone and helpless
I think it's amazing that you have turned to Jesus and you can see things are already starting to turn around for you 🥰
Depression and anxiety is not too hard for him. Where we are weak he is strong. Don't give up 🥰

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's only the past 4/5 days ago that I finally saw the light and turned to Christ. Things do seem to
be already turning around, even if slightly, though one thing does give me anxiety, which is hell.

Proverbs 9:10
:)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I've been battling depression and anxiety for the past decade or so, and have completely isolated myself from everyone, friends and family and have been alone all that time. It's only the past 4/5 days ago that I finally saw the light and turned to Christ. Things do seem to be already turning around, even if slightly, though one thing does give me anxiety, which is hell. I accept Jesus as my lord and savior, and he died for my sins to save me from eternal separation from him and his love. Now people say just this acknowledgement alone is enough for my salvation, but I still doubt.. How can it be that simple? I won't go into detail, but I've been living in sin for a long long time, and I feel disgusting.. I'm a repulsive human being but now I accept Jesus as my king and lord, I'm now saved? I just seems too easy. Any thoughts? I have no one at all to talk with about this. I feel so alone and helpless
Renewed day by day (2nd corinthians 4:16-18)...previous sins will fade in the rearview mirror (like scars) they are forgiven but walking in that is sometimes difficult.

For sure if you keep feeling disgustingly dirty, that's not the Lord. Romans 8:1 "there is no therefore no condemnation..."

Reach out if you need and be patient, internet timing on a forum is usually different from direct person-to-person. I'd try to find a local group you can plug in to and see if that helps your loneliness somewhat. I don't ever feel like my loneliness is ever "perfectly" assuaged but it does get to a point where I don't notice it when I'm actually living in community. Definitely a LOT less edgy.

If you can't find a local group, I'm sure some people here can try and assist. No group will be perfect and you may have to bounce around a bit initially but personally, I wouldn't go looking for people but rather looking for God operating within them (which may take some searching) and "probably" won't look like you expect it to but if God is in it, I think he'll make it "relatively" clear (in faith).

Let us know if you need more info. Forums aren't for everyone but I consider this to be something of an "auxiliary" resource within the church.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Thank you all for the kind words and reassurance. I was going through it a little yesterday and was at my wits end. I've been gorging on so much information over the past week or so and wound myself up to the point of panic. Growing pains I suppose. Though it says in the bible that most Christians will end up in hell. "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it". If it is so simple to be accepted into his kingdom, why is the gate so narrow, and difficult? It seems to counter what people say.
The way is very difficult when a person has a lot of pride.. God resists that proud but gives mercy to the humble..

(James 4:6) "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Chikkerty

Mar 29, 2024
It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes, especially when grappling with deep questions and emotions. Remember, you're not alone in this journey. If you're seeking some relief from the storm, maybe exploring some alternative wellness options like CBD could help bring a sense of calm.

Chikkerty

Mar 29, 2024
Jun 6, 2020
Congratulations on becoming a member of the family of God, my Brother! Welcome to His body. I praise the Lord for your decision, and for the enlightenment and belief He has given you to come to Him. 🙂

I caution you that the adversary will seek to snatch away the truth which you have received. Resist him and he will flee, the book of James says.

In reference to your post, I like to go back to
1 John 1:9-

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

(Emphasis on the "all" part 🙂)

Our Father is like the father of the prodigal. He longs for our reconciliation to Him. He is quick to forgive and embrace us when we (re)turn to Him in repentance. He Loves us with perfect Love, for He is Love!

Stand strong, my Brother. May your faith remain. Jesus told the thief on the cross next to Him, "Today you will be with Me in paradise." It is faith in Jesus alone which produces salvation. He already paid the price for our redemption in full. I pray by His grace that your faith in His substitutionary death and resurrection will endure. If you confess your sins, He will forgive and cleanse you. 🤍

God bless and keep you!! 🙏🏻✝️

Mar 24, 2024
Welcome James! We are all sinners, saved by grace. There is none that is righteous and hasn't sinned. Romans 3: 10- And no one sin is bigger than another. If you haven't read the book of Romans, it explains our sinful condition and our separation from God. Jesus gave His life for ours. He loved you so much that He gave His life for you so that you could be with Him and God the Father forever. This is the greatest love story that the world has ever known. And it is a rescue story. He rescued us. Romans 10: 9-10 says "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. Then verse 13, "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." You will be encouraged by reading the Gospel of John also. I encourage you to read more of the Bible and be guided by humble and mature people who have been Christians. This walk of faith we do with others. My favourite scripture- John 10:10 The enemy has come to steal, rob and destroy, but Jesus came to give us life, and life in abundance. Jesus wants to give you abundant life. He came to rescue you. He will heal you and clean you up. He is good at this, one day at a time. Just let Him do it. Keep it simple. Say, "Jesus, I surrender to the work You are doing in my life, in my heart, in my mind... Your way, not mine. Your will not mine. I give you my life. Help me."

Nov 30, 2022
I can relate to some of what you're saying. For a while, I felt like I was battling my own demons, isolated and trapped in my own thoughts. It's a tough place to be in, and it's easy to start questioning everything, including your faith. I think it's important to remember that finding solace in your faith isn't about suddenly erasing all your doubts or struggles. It's about finding a source of hope and strength to help you navigate through those rough patches. And while it might seem "too easy" to just accept Jesus and be saved, I believe it's more about the sincerity of your heart and your willingness to seek forgiveness and change. Also, I wanted to mention the National Rehab Hotline nationalrehabhotline.org. Sometimes talking to someone who's trained to help can make a world of difference.

Mar 13, 2024

Mar 13, 2024
Welcome! I just read your post earlier today. I surrendered my life to Christ in 2009. But, I still struggle with anxiety and depression, at times. What’s the Lord is using to help me to endure those moments of depression and/or anxiety is praying through the devotional below. If you are still struggling with those feelings, it is my prayer that the devotional may help you pray through, as well!?! Agape and shalom!
365 Days of Prayer for Depression & Anxiety (Faux Leather) – Guided Daily Prayers for Anyone in Need of Hope and Comfort https://a.co/d/f1sOGqE

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
For me, it has not been easy either! I want to , yet see I can't do it. I have learned to do many things and leave many things behind me. Has that been going on with you too? I am not sinless, and finally accepted this, I cannot be sinless. Then had to deal with well! do I continue in sin since I am forgiven by God? God forbid is what I read in Romans 7, Therefore how can I stop, can I, can anyone ? So far since age 12 not ever have I ever stopped many things except, like too much drinking and drugs also. Only to see there is more to work on, to figuring out. I have now come to the end of me, trying to do, what I now see I can't be, that is perfect, I need God to teach me new and do and not be proud over ever doing it right ever again
How!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I stopped drinking it took me to see why I was drinking so much and doing drugs also. been dry now a long time, yet bad thought(s) has never stopped once, for me anyways!
So, maybe ask yourself this? Are you harming others, are you stealing and killing others, is sex an obsession that you rape others?
If not, you are the best you can be, stand in trust to God, if you are doing those things, The true God for you might still need to be in the lead through you? You decide, between God and you! God does really love you too.
1 John 2:1-4, 12 says so, for you to change in trust to God to lead through you onto all others in love to them too. The is what I now see as worry is/has gotten removed from me and is to this day trying to get the best of me in worrying over whether or not God really did do what the Bible says God did in Son for me and all the world too. This is in the mind of people over worry, and believing, yet not believing God did do that God said God did by Son for us all

Depression can only get one by one giving it power to be there over worrying over it, Matthew 6 tells me about worry
And yet worry thought has never left, has always hung out to get me worried and then I go nuts over and over again. Standing in trust to God regardless and by that, I have watched stuff leave, and got busy in thoughts of thankfulness over worrying over things that have no power unless I give it attention. Then seeing God say to me, my grace is sufficient for me, I am not harming others, God and I know this. So do you know this too in you, between God and you if are harming others, then seek help and trust to get it to turn you around and out from the Harmon others thanks
Hope to have helped James, I know somehow in you between God and you I have, God knows as you do too, thanks for the question, you are not alone.
Homwardbound