Depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

glennmb

Hello,

I just want to ask for prayer about the depression in my life and that God will take it away and replace it with joy. I have been struggling for awhile with it and its gotten to the point where its affecting my day to day tasks. The depression stems from lost finances, relationship troubles, and just the pressures of life in general. Please pray for me! Thankyou

Glenn B

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 6

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
In my prayers you shall be.

G

glennmb

Thankyou very much! The verses helped me understand that Im not alone and God wants the best for me!

Glenn B

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Thankyou very much! The verses helped me understand that Im not alone and God wants the best for me!

Glenn B
I once suffered with depression my friend with all the cares of this life....

he took it all away for me.

Though we can Pray for you, be sure that you have opened your heart to him that knocks.

May your fears be relieved and all your hope secured in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah may it be so.

Nov 26, 2012
Welcome Glennmb. I'm pretty new myself here. I notice if I don't get exercise and stop taking my vitamin d I start to get depressed. There is a lot to be said about proper nutrition. This time of year especially we are not getting adequate vit d because we get it from the sun through our skin. Deficiency leads to a number of problems with depression and weak immune system at the top of the list. Hope this helps.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God

Father God, please bring peace to Glens mind and heart as he is renewed through his relationship with you in your word. Help him focus on the heavenly things and not the earthy that are passing away. In Yeshua’s Holy name I pray amen

S

shekaniah

Welcome to Christian Chat!
This is a nice place to fellowship!
I agree with the other posts,
but would like to add; listen to Christian music!
Read the Pslams!
I will pray for you Too :)
Love in Christ, Shekaniah

W

wwjd_kilden

Will pray. Depression if difficult to fight.

- Try finding one thing to thank God for, and thank Him every day. Even if it's something that at first seems really silly, sometimes it can help :)

S

shekaniah

Will pray. Depression if difficult to fight.

- Try finding one thing to thank God for, and thank Him every day. Even if it's something that at first seems really silly, sometimes it can help :)
This does work :)

J

Jordache

Glen, I struggle with depression almost daily. I want you to do something. It has really been effective in my walk. When you get up, sit in silence for 2 minutes. Clear your mind. Keep refocusing yourself every time you lose focus which will probably be every 3 seconds for a while. Simply sit at the fathers feet and see what He does.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Welcome to cc glen.:)
Praying for you and all you ask for in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless:)
pickles

P

psychomom

Welcome, Glenn! :)
(my favorite uncle was Glenn ♥
He has gone to be with Jesus now, but just seeing your name brought a smile to my face)

Yes, good nutrition, exercise, and thankfulness. :)
I find that if I think of just one thing to be thankful for,
many other things spring to mind! :)

May the Lord bless and keep you, my dear one.
May He show you how very much He loves you,
and how tenderly He cares for you.
May joy replace this depression.

...To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.(Isaiah 61:3)

All for His glory! ♥
-ellie

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Praying for you

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Just checking in to see how you are doing glen. :)
You remain in my prayers for all that is the joy of Jesus to delight you. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Praying for you
The serenity prayer, love it!
Have it printed and framed and on the wall facing the throne in the bathroom, where Im sure to see it many times each day. :)

God bless:)
pickles

S

stormin

Glen I too suffer depression and are seeking answer to how i can control the negative thoughts without medication if possible, I have noticed that the good times are getting longer. Sometimes when i am down it last for weeks but other times i am down for an hour then good for maybe three hours etc etc. keep strong Glen

S

simplyme_bekah

I lift you up in prayer Glenn and ask that the Lord fill you completely up with his joy and that he takes your depression away, I ask on Jesus name amen. Just lay it at the feet of Jesus after rebuking it in the name of Jesus and whisper up that I trust you Jesus with every step of my life and then surrender your life daily to the Lord and talk to him like he is your best friend and I promise you that depression wont have a chance because the Lord will put a well of happiness and joy inside of you. Remember Gods No is usually always the best for us as far as relationship issues. Email me anytime if you need female advice :D

T

Trifecta

Dear Glenn
When you read through the Old Testament you find that many of the Prophets and warriors of that time , had to deal with depression of some kind or another . It is prevalent in many of our churches today and in the lives of many believers . We are living in a day and age when God is calling men and women to a level of Prophetic Annointing unlike any other time in the history of planet earth . Believe me when I say that this is not an Annointing simply to speak in Tongues , or to be able to worship on a deeper level , though it will accomplish both . But this is an Annointing of Divine Prophetic power , designed to equip the believer for the major thrust into the Harvest of Souls that I truly believe is on the horizon . We are living in the greatest time period known to mankind . Greater than the Old Testament Prophets could have even understood . Demonic attacks at levels of intimacy , and joy , and passion , have sidelined our warriors to the point of nearly making the Church ineffectual . But God isn't done yet . Get ready for an outpouring of the Spirits Power that will shake planet earth to it's very core . Get ready by staying in a Spirit of Praise . No matter what the enemy hits you with just Praise God even when you don't feel like doing it . Hold fast to that which has called you and equipped you for every good work . Let the enemy camp begin to hear a mighty shout from the camp of the Children of Jehova Nissi , the Lord our Banner. Father God we thank you that you have given us the garment of Praise , for the spirit of heaviness . Lord our strength comes from you , our peace comes from you , our provision comes from you . Thank you Lord that your Joy , is our strenth . Father we come against every lie of the enemy that seeks to steal our joy , every spirit of depression that attempts to steal our identity in Christ , and we bind those things in the Name of Jesus. Father I speak your Joy , and your Life over Glenn . Let the Power of the Holy Spirit so envelope every aspect of his life , that depression will have no place . In Jesus Name we pray , Amen