depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bra-tex

I need prayers...I got depression wich I believe is devil works in my life, I feel so weak and people takes big advandge of me for that.I have a son who needs me I dont have any family member here in the USA.I've been emotinaly abused from my ex boyfriend.I do have a great heart,I always wish people the best and I always help when I have the chance.I wish I could put in words everything that I feel ...pls pray for me that god will get me out ofthis depression and give me great christian husband who can take care of me and my son.Someone who wants and deserve all the great things that I know I have to offer...God bless

G

goth4god

I'm praying for you!

B

bra-tex

thanks because I feel like I 'm even losing my strenght to pray :(

happ

Banned
Nov 21, 2009
don't give up on praying. that's the worst thing to do! keep fighting! i know it's hard, i'm dealing with depression and anxiety right now as well. just keep praying and believing!

G

GEORGIE

sometimes it feels like your building a lego wall of achievement into dealing with your depression and you know that it will fall apart, But as some say, empty your cup and try again. Forget about the crumbling sensation, fall back to God, there is notihing negative which comes from God he is perfect.:) I will pray for both of you guys because me too im dealing with a minor case of the blues :)

happ

Banned
Nov 21, 2009
maybe we're all going through a 1/4 life crisis :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my prayers for all your hopes and healing.
God bless, pickles

happ

Banned
Nov 21, 2009
oh pickles, you're so nice :)

B

bra-tex

thanks guys for all the responses....Please keep praying Depression and anxiety is really hard to deal with.Like I said I have no family member and I'm single mom who is worried about how to raise her child...I can't let he seee me crying anymore... :(

E

Elijah3

Sis, if your son has been born out of wedlock, you first need to repent. Seek out an experienced christian to help you, to advice you. God will surely lift the depression off you after you repent.

Oct 20, 2009
Hey bra-tex, sorry to hear you are having a hard time. You know God is awesome, He knows us. He heals our hearts. I've had a depression for several years. I cried a lot and felt miserable. Far mostly because I felt I was not worth anything. And I still have a hard time believing that I am worth to be here and be a gorgeous woman for God. But you know, WE ARE! We are wonderful, loveable and a vision of the motherheart of God. And so are you. I will pray for you! That God will stange your depression into happiness. You know He did it for me! After one prayer I was never the same. Does not mean that I don't have hard times sometimes. I do! I still feel depressed once in a while because something happened. But God took away the "real" depression I had in those last years. I feel happy and healthy.
But I want to give you some small advice. A depression is mostly build up out of insecurities and anxieties. We a children of God can take these things and bring them to God. It begins with a state of mind, a fight in your mind as you will. I still have fights against the depression. Not that it is here, but sometimes I get these thoughts back: "your not worht it, you're going to end up all alone, nobody loves you, you can't do anything right". I have to CHOOSE not to let these thoughts in my hart. Because when they are in your thoughts they don't have to be in your heart yet. I try to tell myself that those thoughts are lies and that God is my Provider and that He made me perfect in Jesus and that their will be a guy who will fight for me. And I keep holding on to those promises. Maybe you can try that as well. When thoughts of depression comes into your mind...don't only say NO to them in your mind...but start speaking GOOD things in your life. True things, like the word of God. God's word is as sharp as a sword and it is TRUTH!
I can really recommend The Power of Speaking God's Word of author Joyce Meyer. There she lined up all kind of biblical verses for different situations as looking for God, health, anger, pain, depression, anxiety and so on. It's really good and not that expensive. When you have thoughts of depression we can not only say NO to them but also say; NO because THIS is the truth (and then speak out those verses from the bible which apply for them).

So my dear dear sister! I will pray that God will help you in this hard time, because I know it can be so hard. But have hope! God is not only my provider but also yours. You are a beautiful woman in His eyes! He already chose you before the earth was here. He designed you. He knows you! He knows your troubles, your flaws, your weaknesses but He also has declared His rightheouss over you and He knows what you need to become more and more that sparkeling woman He designed you to be. Keep hope! I also recommend you to listen to some of Joyce Meyer her teachings. Google her name and you will see her ministries. It really helped me with my troubles with emotions.

God bless!

xBLINDSIDEx

Jan 29, 2006
Hey! I know this battle far to well.
I'm really sorry you're going through this, and just know you're in my prayers.

A

Alice12

i know how you feel because i've been in one of those endless lonely times.. I'll pray that you will have hope no matter what and become strong in the storm and a meet a good Christian Husband.
Remember, God never promised us that the cross will not be heavy.

A

aprilrenee1

I feel that way too.....were in this together

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
you are in my thoughts and prayers

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Bra-tex, I have a real heart for single Moms. My dad walked out and left my mom to raise all of us by herself.
You are in my daily prayers and Im praying that God will fill your life with love, hope and laughter.
God bless, pickles