descendants of abraham and relevance to my life, am I less important to god?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TREX2008

May 2, 2009
Hello. I am a christian man, in that I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God, that he died for my sins and was resurrected by God on the third day. I am half Caucasian (my mothers side) and my father is Pakistanian / Indian. I've read about Ishmael and Abraham and Isaac. Am I descended from Ismael and Isaac? Does God love me less or have less in store for me because of this? Honestly I am not sure if im descended from ishmael, but as far as ive researched he is the ancestor of arab nations? Did God hate Ishmael and love the other son more so? This is why I ask this it worries me.. I want to be the best I can be for God and I know that I make mistakes. But does this have any reflection on me? Are there any Biblical verses to show God loves people equally, no matter their race? Thanks for reading this question in advance please answer honestly and scripture to support helps.....
thanks so much
- Tamar

update:

after searching on the net I came across this verse..

"Moreover, the angel of the LORD said to her, "I will greatly multiply your descendants so that they shall be too many to count." The angel of the LORD said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, and you shall bear a son; and you shall call his name Ishmael, because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. And he will be a wild donkey of a man, his hand will be against everyone, and everyone's hand will be against him; and he will live to the east of all his brothers" (Gen 16:10-13).

this scares me.. confuses me.. makes me feel less valuable.. the list goes on.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2011
If you have faith in Christ, you are blessed indeed.

Of course God loves you, for God is Love.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Blessings

TREX2008

May 2, 2009
thank you for the encouraging verses... does the verse I posted have any significance? Can anyone else add on or shed any light to this.. please?

H

HearOhIsreal

Here's a passage from Ezekiel 18. Hope it helps somewhat:

5But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,

6And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,

7And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;

8He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

9Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

10If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,

11And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife,

12Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,

13Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.

14Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,

15That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,

16Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,

17That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.

18As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.

19Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.

20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

T

theBibleisawsome

The Bible says in Ephesians 6:9 that the Master is in heaven neither is there respect of persons with him.thats king James but other translations newer translation z say with it that he doesn't have love for someone more than another he doesn't favor nobody more than others.God loves all the same God bless

Oct 31, 2011
In the Old Testament it is true that descendants of some people were blessed and others were not. For instance the Moab people worshipped idols with the following results:

Deuteronomy 23:3
No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in thetenthgeneration.

Yet, Ruth was a Moabite, she was accepted by the Jewish people when she accepted the true God.

It has always been true that descendants of certain people, certain races have a tendency to worship different Gods, but it has always, also been true, that each individual can choose to worship the true God. Ruth was accepted as an Israelite as if she was born one. In fact, she was an ancestor of our Lord and Savior.

The word “always” is an exaggeration. You can be absolutely certain that God accepts you as his child. If fact, if you read the story of the prodigal son, there was great rejoicing when you accepted Jesus Christ!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Aren't we all physically descendants of Noah and his sons?
You know after the flood they were all that remained of people.

I don't think I would worry too much about your physical descendancy.
I think it is much more important to focus on who you will spiritually follow...

TREX2008

May 2, 2009
Thank you guys for the verses.. I still feel kind of weird about the whole thing.. I talked to my old youth pastor about it.. Just praying that the lord would comfort me. I am by no means a perfect person and I have made to many mistakes to count.. but I believe jesus christ is lord, died on the cross for my sins and rose again. I need comfort.. I need him more than anything else in the world.. I just dont know what to think sometimes :(

Feb 9, 2010
It makes no difference your race,and God did not like people's sins in the Old Testament,same as now,but the Bible says anybody can come to the Lord.

If God was against someone in the Old Testament,it is because they were terribly against His ways.Race did not matter.God was not mad at a certain race only because they were that race,for He is not prejudice like that,and God is no respecter of persons,which means He does not esteem one race above another,and there is no difference between the Gentile and the Jew.

God was not mad at Ishmael,and the Arab races,only because they were Arabs,but because of their sins.They were at odds with Israel which God did not like.

The Arabs are actually half brothers of the Jews,both having Abraham as their father,and that is why God multiplied them as the sand of the sea,but we also read that they would be wild,and a trouble maker on earth,which God did not like,but it is not because they are Arabs that God did not like,but their ways He did not like

God even was mad at Israel for their worshipping false gods,and God allowed them to be scattered in to the nations,and that is God's chosen people.

God told Israel to treat the strangers in their land as one of their own,which is it was an Arab would be the same kindness,because they were strangers in Egypt.

Even though Israel was in bondage in Egypt for 430 years,God said to treat them good if they dwell in their land,for they were a stranger in the land of Egypt and dwelled there,which they did have it good for a while until a new Pharaoh took over the throne that knew not Joseph.

It was not race that God was mad at,as in the aspect of being mad at a race only because they were that race,but it was their sins,following false gods,and rebellion against the truth God,that God was mad at.

In the Old Testament,it was not only Ishmael and his descendants that God was mad at,but there was other nations that God was mad at,and even mad at Israel at times,and it was because of their wrongful ways.

God in not against Arabs,the race,but does not like that they follow falsehood,which the majority follow,so because it is the majority that follow falsehood,God can address them as He is mad at them,mainly because their leadership follows falsehood and corrupts the people to follow falsehood.

So it seems that God is mainly addressing the leadership of those Arab nations in the Old Testament that corrupt the people by the way they present what to believe throughout their nation.

The reason that God was outspoken to bring judgment upon some Arab nations in the Old Testament is because they were antagonistic towards Jews,and we do not hear so much about other races in the Old Testament,like Asians or Europeans,because they probably did not pose a threat to Israel,not being a power in that area like the Arabs who were basically against the Jews.

But God was mad at Greece and the Roman Empire when they did obtain power in that area calling them a beast,along with Iraq and Iran when they had power,so it is not only the Arabs God is at odds with,but any race,and nation,in the leadership area that had power in that area and did not rule right,and were cruel,and disregarded the ways of God.

But on the other hand in the Old Testament God showed favor to Iraq,which is Babylon,by causing their kingdom to flourish,in which God said He gave Babylon dominion on the earth,and they shall be a mighty kingdom,and that is because king Nebuchadnezzar proclaimed throughout his kingdom that the God of Israel is the God of gods.

King Nebuchadnezzar's son took over the throne,and praised the gods of metal and wood,drinking of the vessels of the temple of the Lord,and God took the kingdom from them and gave it to the Medes and Persians,which Persia is Iran,which they also proclaimed throughout their kingdom to acknowledge the God of Israel.

So God did favor some Arab nations in the Old Testament because they acknowledged Him throughout their kingdom,showing God was not against the Arabs only because they were Arabs,but because they were antagonistic against the Jews and the God of Israel.

It does not matter what race you are,you do right,you find favor,you do not do right,you do not find favor.

God is no respecter of persons,and salvation is for all nations,kindreds,and tongues.

TREX2008

May 2, 2009
ty for all the verses Im gonna continue to pray and seek the lord.. Im gonna start trying to prioritize him first in my life and actually follow him more closely.. tired of the fears.. worries and etc.. ty again.. if anyone else alse anything to add please feel free!

J

jkalyna

Hello. I am a christian man, in that I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God, that he died for my sins and was resurrected by God on the third day. I am half Caucasian (my mothers side) and my father is Pakistanian / Indian. I've read about Ishmael and Abraham and Isaac. Am I descended from Ismael and Isaac? Does God love me less or have less in store for me because of this? Honestly I am not sure if im descended from ishmael, but as far as ive researched he is the ancestor of arab nations? Did God hate Ishmael and love the other son more so? This is why I ask this it worries me.. I want to be the best I can be for God and I know that I make mistakes. But does this have any reflection on me? Are there any Biblical verses to show God loves people equally, no matter their race? Thanks for reading this question in advance please answer honestly and scripture to support helps.....
thanks so much
- Tamar

update:

after searching on the net I came across this verse..

"Moreover, the angel of the LORD said to her, "I will greatly multiply your descendants so that they shall be too many to count." The angel of the LORD said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, and you shall bear a son; and you shall call his name Ishmael, because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. And he will be a wild donkey of a man, his hand will be against everyone, and everyone's hand will be against him; and he will live to the east of all his brothers" (Gen 16:10-13).

this scares me.. confuses me.. makes me feel less valuable.. the list goes on.
TREX2008 JOHN 3:16 FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS: FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONL BEGOTTEN SON THAT WOHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. GOD LOVED AND LOVES THE WHOLE WORLD, ALL NATIONALITES ALL TRIBES ALL PEOPLES. THE WHOLE WORLD. WE ARE ALL ISMAELS IF WE DO NOT HAVE FAITH IN HIM, CUT OFF FROM THE PROMISES AND COVENANT WITH OUR CREATOR GOD , BECAUSE OF OUR LACK OF FAITH IN HIM THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE FLESH THAT MATTERS TO GOD , WHEN WE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST, WE BECOME BORN AGAIN, NEW CREATIONS NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS, THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE SCRIPTURES. WHY YOUR HAVING THESE FEELINGS OF LOW SELF ESTEEM IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SEE YOURSELF AS THE SON AND CHILD OF THE LIVING GOD, WHO IS ALIVE TODAY AND VERY MUCH PRESENT IN OUR LIVES. THE DEATH OF ANCESTRYS, IS EXACTLY THAT DEATH AND GONE. WE DON'T LIVE ACCORDING TO OUR ANCESTORS, AS SCRIPTURE SAYS I AM CRUCFIFIED WITH CHRIST NEVER THE LESS I LIVE AND YET NOT I BUT CHRIST LIVETH WITHIN ME. THINGS THAT ARE NOT OF THE LORD, WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU DOUBT YOURSELF AND YOUR IDENTITY, LIKE THE SNAKE IN THE GARDEN MADE EVE THINK THAT SHE WAS NOT COMPLETE, AND THERE WAS SOMETHING MISSING, OR WRONGE. THE CARNAL NATURE CAN REALLY MAKE YOU THINK TWISTED, AND MAKE YOU THINK THERE REALLY IS SOMETHING WRONGE WITH YOU. LIKE DIGGING UP DEAD BONES, OR LOOKING FOR SKELETONS IN YOUR CLOSET. JOHHN 3:16 TELLS EVERYTHING FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION, GOD LOVES YOU, GOD LOVED THE WHOLE WORLD, ALL NATIONALITIES ALL RACES EVERYONE. IT IS VERY HARD TO ACCEPT YOUR IDENTITIY AND TRUST A FATHER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T SEE ONE. NO ONE WILL PUT A SIGN ON YOU, OR GIVE YOU A PAPER THAT SAYS YOU BELONG TO GOD NOW, IF YOU DON'T FEEL YOU DO, IT DOSN'T MATTER. LOOKING IN THE PAST, ONLY KEEPS THE DOOR LOCKED AND BEING OPENED FOR THE FUTURE. YOU HAVE TOUCHED MY SPIRIT, WITH YOUR HUMBLESSNESS AND SINCERITY. BUT YOU TOUCH THE HEART OF THE FATHER MORE, HE WANTS YOU TO KNOW HIM CLOSE, AND THE WAY TO DO THIS IS THROUGH HAVING A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM AND THROUGH PRAYER, AND FEEDING ON THE WORD. YOUR ETHNIC CULTURE HAS NOT A THING TO DO WITH A NEW BIRTH BORN AGAIN IN JESUS. HE CREATES A NEW YOU A NEW MAN, AND THE OLD IS PASSED AWAY. THIS COULD GO ROUND AND ROUND LIKE THE CHILDREN IN THE DESERT, THAT NEVER LET GO OF MEMORIES, AND TRADITIONS, COMING OUT OF EGYPET, WHEN YAHWEH GOD WANTED TO DO A NEW THING IN THEIR LIFES. AND LOT'S WIFE, WHO WAS TOLD DO NOT LOOK BACK , AS A WARNING, HER HEART STILL WAS AFTER THE THINGS THE VERY THINGS THAT THE LORD GOD WANTED TO REMOVE LOT AND HER FROM, THAT SHE WAS DESTROYED, AND TURNED INTO A PILLAR OF SALT. THIS MIGHT SOUND LIKE TOUGH LOVE, BUT THE VERY PEOPLE GOD LEAD OUT OF EGYPT WITH HIS ARM OF LOVE, WERE THE VERY PEOPLE THAT WERE DESTROYED, BECAUSE THEY TURNED AWAY BACK TO THERE OLD WAY OF THINKING AND DID NOT TRUST. YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR PRAYER BUT I PRAY THAT YOU WILL SEE YOURSELF AS A NEW CREATION, THAT YOU WILL SEE FATHER GOD AS YOUR NEW FATHER, AND THAT YOU WILL KNOW YOUR IDENTITY IN HIM AND THAT YOUR CHARACTER YOU WILL NOT QUESTION, NEITHER WILL YOUR FAITH WAVER, IN DOUBT OR FEAR, KNOWING YOUR IDENTITY IN YAHWAY GOD WILL MAKE YOU CONFIDENT SECURE STRONGE AND ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE STORMS OF LIFE KNOWING THAT YOU ARE STANDING ON THE SOLID ROCK WHO IS JESUS CHRIST, AND HAVE BUILT YOUR HOUSE ON THIS ROCK, AND NOT ON THE SAND. FOCUS ON STRENTHING THE INNER MAN, BECAUSE WHAT YOU FEED THE MOST THE OTHER WILL NOT SURVIVE, THE SPIRIT OR THE FLESH. JOHN 3:16 GOD LOVED THE WHOLE WORLD. THIS IS THE FIRST THING SOMEONE IS TOLD WHEN THEY BECOME SAVED, THAT GIVES THEM THE REASURRANCE AND CONFIDANCE THAT GOD SO LOVED YOU, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON FOR YOU. HE LOVES YOU AS A SON AND WANTS TO BE A HEAVENLY FATHER TO YOU, AND HAS A GOOD PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE. OUR FORFATHERS WERE NO DIFFERENT THAN PEOPLE ARE TODAY, THE GENERATIONAL CURSE STARTED WAY BACK, AND ONLY THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB OF GOD HAS BROKEN THAT OVER THE LIFES OF THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ACCEPT HIM AS LORD AND SAVIOR, FOR WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE CURSE, THE BONDWOMEN, BUT ARE FREE, WHO THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED. IF YOU READ ROMANS AND ALL OF THE NEW TESTAMENT YOU WILL SEE FREEDOM, AND DELIVERANCE FROM THE THINGS THAT COULD HOLD US CAPTIVE, BUT BECAUSE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS HE HAS RENEWED OUR MIND, AND THINKING. BIBLE SAYS FORGETTING THE THINGS WHICH ARE BEHIND I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK OF THE HIGHER CALLING OF GOD. THE CHILDREN IN THE DESERT WENT ROUND AND ROUND FOR 40 YEARS FOR A SHORT DISTANCE FROM THE PROMISE LAND. THE PROMISED LAND IS WITHIN YOU AND YOU DON'T NEED TO SEARCH FOR ANSWERS, THAT ONLY TAKE AWAY YOUR DIRECTION, AND YOUR PEACE OF MIND, YOUR AIM AND FOCUS. GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF ANY CONFUSION, THAT HE WOULD PUT YOU THROUGH ANY KIND OF TURMOIL ABOUT YOURSELF NOT BEING FIT TO BE HIS CHILD HIS SON. GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AND ORDER, AND A SOUND HEALTHY MIND. I BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BE A VICTORIOUS MAN, A CONQUEROR OF ALL THE DEFEATS YOU HAVE HAD IN YOUR LIFE, THE ROAD AHEAD YOU IS A BEAUTIFUL ONE, WITH HIS LOVE WITHIN YOU. SAYING THIS HERE WAS GIVEN A LOT MORE TIME THAN ON THE MIC. I KNOW AS YOU READ THE WORD YOU WILL BECOME STRONGER. THESE THINGS THAT ARE LIKE HEAVY WINDS, WILL NO LONGER SCARE YOU, AS YOUR FAITH GROWS IN THE FATHER, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. WANDERING CAN BE LIKE WONDERING. I pray IN JESUS NAME FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PROTECT YOUR MIND, SPIRIT , SOUL AND BODY, YOU ARE VALUABLE TO HIM, DON'T LOOK BEHIND, LOOK AHEAD IT'S CHRIST COMING TOWARDS YOU IN THIS STORM. IN CHRIST'S LOVE KALYNA YOU ARE LOVED JOHN 3:16 THEY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO THY FEET, AND A LIGHT UNTO THY PATH. HIS LIGHT WILL SHINE THROUGH THIS DARKNESS, HE IS WITH YOU. IN JESUS NAME I BLESS YOU. AMEN

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
.. I am half Caucasian (my mothers side) and my father is Pakistanian / Indian..
If you are pakistani, you are not an arab. Unless you have some arabic ancestors. But unmixed indians/pakistanis/bangladeshis/sinhalese are not arabs, even if their religion is Islam.