Desiring Christ above a human partner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

It's coming up to valentines day, in case you needed reminding ;)
So I thought it good to share this, particularly with fellow singles.

Praise God, in Christ we are not, and never will be alone. Of course it's up to us how close we are to Him, and feel His prescense. Just know that He desires to walk closely to us. He desires it more then we ever will!

I heard some good advice the other week, desire to know, and be like Christ more then (in this case) your healing, but it can apply to anything you desire with your heart, including searching for the right partner.

Im trying to get through the stage where, Im desiring to be like Christ, so that I'll get the right Christian woman. Being like Christ is MUCH more important than a human relationship. But the first thing in creation that God said was not good, was man to be alone The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Time on this earth is far too short not to desire Christ above all things. Considering we'll all stand before the judgement seat of Christ, and give account for our actions and decisions. I know we won't regret putting Him before our earthly desires.......God knows our needs, but I want to be in that place where I don't mind being single. And have sought first the Kingdom of Heaven. Am not there yet, but onwards, and upwards in Him

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Agreed, Tim. We get 70 or so years down here... pleasing the One who gave His life so we can go to heaven is so much more important than getting a spouse, even a good Christian one!
You guys... this thread was up for about 12 hours before I saw it and posted this. Believe me, I know it can be tough being single, but I hope you all are at least giving him a silent "Amen, brother" in your heads... or am I the only one who agrees with what he said?

G

God-Diva

Oh, no. You are not the only one agreeing with this post. I am a 36 yrs old female and I am content being single. Yes, I desire companionship, but it doesn't preoccupy my thoughts and actions like it does other women in my age group. I am so content as is, alot of times I am saying "I don't want to be bothered" half the time. God allows me to have some money in my pocket to enjoy some things (I am a faithful tithe payer), I have my health and strengt bh, I have his hedge of protection over my life. God even fills that void of intimacy as well if you let him. Other people don't believe when you say you are happly while single but I am not in the business of trying to convince people!!! Because I don't care.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
I just wanted everyone to see Timothy's post again. You're never alone when you have Jesus :).

J

Jullianna

I agree with the OP's post wholeheartedly.

My only concern is that, from some of the wording, some people may think it's wrong in some way to desire a spouse. In light of the scripture where God says it is not good for us to be alone, I'm hoping they understand that it is not wrong to desire a spouse, as long as that desire doesn't consume us in an unhealthy manner or take precedent over the Lord or His plans for our lives. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. It's okay to be a christian AND a spouse.

He has plans for us and they are all good, with or without a spouse. :)

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, what she said :).

J

Jullianna

(btw, Jilly, the green part of your signature is AWESOME! hahaha)

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Thank you, Jullianna/Dianna :). Which one do you prefer?

BTW, I haven't been able to stop proofreading as much as I had hoped. I should blame.......um, myself :eek:

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hey, woot... rate this thread!

I've been thinking, too... the bible doesn't say, "seek ye SECOND the kingdom of God"... and it also doesn't say, "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness. SO THAT all of these things shall be added unto you".

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. And thanks for bumping the thread, Jilly. Good stuff.

J

Jullianna

Thank you, Jullianna/Dianna :). Which one do you prefer?

BTW, I haven't been able to stop proofreading as much as I had hoped. I should blame.......um, myself :eek:
Either is fine :) Some people even call me Didi, especially family

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Okay, Jullianna (I like that one better :)).

And good idea, Popclick; I shall rate this thread....oh, and what name do you like being called best, Pop? And you're welcome for bumping it; I remembered it from last year and wanted the newbies to see it also :).

Oh, and thanks, Tim. Great thread like usual :).

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Oh, lol... I guess I like PopClick best, but Pop is fine. I don't pitch a fit no matter what I get called. Though I don't particularly like PopChick... I see that one in the chat rooms all the time :D

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Okay, Popclick; thank you :). It always felt odd referring to another girl as "Pop", so I kept it long. Yeah, the PopCHICK one would get old pretty quick......

C

Crimeny

i agree with this, a christ-led life is really what i want to lead, although some people may think its extreme.

G

GreenNnice

(btw, Jilly, the green part of your signature is AWESOME! hahaha)
----
I toetally love the green part too, julieannie, it's a bit 'olive,' in nature , but still a wonderful part of the spectrum that is greeeeeen, the bestest color in the whole wife world. Oh, excuse my typos please :D
-----

Right,
Pop!click. , exactly 'and these' is much different than 'so that(these things will be added unto you)' .

God wants us to do/seek things , knowing He will help us in an awesome way, not a materialistic way. He does not give us things with mentality that the things are why we seek Him.

I am trying to make sense here, hopeful my green brains related. :D

K

keep_on_smiling

It's coming up to valentines day, in case you needed reminding ;)
So I thought it good to share this, particularly with fellow singles.

Praise God, in Christ we are not, and never will be alone. Of course it's up to us how close we are to Him, and feel His prescense. Just know that He desires to walk closely to us. He desires it more then we ever will!

I heard some good advice the other week, desire to know, and be like Christ more then (in this case) your healing, but it can apply to anything you desire with your heart, including searching for the right partner.

Im trying to get through the stage where, Im desiring to be like Christ, so that I'll get the right Christian woman. Being like Christ is MUCH more important than a human relationship. But the first thing in creation that God said was not good, was man to be alone The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Time on this earth is far too short not to desire Christ above all things. Considering we'll all stand before the judgement seat of Christ, and give account for our actions and decisions. I know we won't regret putting Him before our earthly desires.......God knows our needs, but I want to be in that place where I don't mind being single. And have sought first the Kingdom of Heaven. Am not there yet, but onwards, and upwards in Him
Great post! I do agree with you and I do feel that the Lord will bless those that are able to put Him first. Putting Him first really should be our greatest desire, but that doesn't mean we have to be alone. The Lord can bless us each with a wonderful partner and I think the best thing about focusing on God instead of constantly searching for "the one" is that we learn more about God, ourselves, and relationships. When the the right person comes everything will fall into place nicely and we will be stronger in Him because our focus has been on the right path :)