Desiring God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RaceBoy

Recently I've been feeling almost not interested in God anymore even though i know his name and Jesus' name. I'm trying to live my life the way God would want me too (and of course I'm not perfect) but i still struggle sometimes with sexual sin (masturbation which I'm trying to give up). So my question is how do i find god more ? how do i get the desire to pray and not feel like i don't know what I'm praying for or that I'm not being sincere ?

T

TheIndianGirl

First, work on your sexual sin by praying and removing all items which will lead you to this sin. Throw away or donate your laptop and/or phone, magazines, etc. if necessary; you may need to take some extreme steps. Going for counseling if you have access to that will help. Put a Cross or a picture of Jesus in the room(s) where you masturbate or keep the Bible easily visible (to remind you that God is watching); you will most likely not be able to masturbate if these items are in plain view. You say you are interested in knowing God more. Everyone connects to God in different ways. Start watching Christian movies, listening to Christian music, or whatever that makes you feel more connected to God.

Aug 1, 2020
Know that Jesus loves you, He wants the best for you, and He has a definite plan in place for you. Know that because of this He really wants you to pray to Him. To find purpose when you pray follow ACTS, Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication (requests)

Personally, when I pray I fold my hands, bow my head, close my eyes and kneel to show sincerity and respect to the Lord. This may or may not work for you, try a variety of techniques to better communicate with God.

I agree with @TheIndianGirl that putting a cross up in your room will remind you of how Jesus gave His life for you and He cares deeply about you :)
Let me know if you need more help, God bless!

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
What helps me find God more is I find different bible devotionals on my bible App, and I keep up with one until I find the right one. no one said it would be easy to follow God and go straight on our “path” we will deteer sometimes and not know it, that’s why we have to try and pray and praise god even though we are going through some trials. I am Also having troubles, But I have found that being apart of a bible study group helps and also to read devotionals. It’s hard at first but when You get into the habit, you will do it more without even realizing it. just a little advice for ya. :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Recently I've been feeling almost not interested in God anymore even though i know his name and Jesus' name. I'm trying to live my life the way God would want me too (and of course I'm not perfect) but i still struggle sometimes with sexual sin (masturbation which I'm trying to give up). So my question is how do i find god more ? how do i get the desire to pray and not feel like i don't know what I'm praying for or that I'm not being sincere ?

Check out this video- excellent Christian advice: