Devil Made Me Do It ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ABRAY85

Has anyone else noticed the number of cases of people doing crazy things because they say they heard voices or the devil made them do it ? I pay attention to all these things and I for 1, do not write these people off as crazy, I really believe the devil is attacking vulnerable souls who are not protected by Jesus Christ.

Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean saw 'demons' - CNN.com
Police: Trinity man claims the devil made him do it - WSMV Channel 4
'Devil made me do it' defense fails for man convicted of killing brother in St. Louis County : News

These are just a couple cases but let me know what you think.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
The devil cannot make you do anything. That is a scapegoat. If you do wrong it is your own doing. The devil can tempt and persuade you, but he cannot MAKE you do anything.

U

Ugly

Most cases of 'the devil made me do it' are actually people with mental disorders suffering hallucinations.

Mar 1, 2012
I truly believe satan makes people vote for democrats.

Its the only logical conclusion

Jan 19, 2013
Has anyone else noticed the number of cases of people doing crazy things because they say they heard voices or the devil made them do it ? I pay attention to all these things and I for 1, do not write these people off as crazy, I really believe the devil is attacking vulnerable souls who are not protected by Jesus Christ.

Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean saw 'demons' - CNN.com
Police: Trinity man claims the devil made him do it - WSMV Channel 4
'Devil made me do it' defense fails for man convicted of killing brother in St. Louis County : News

These are just a couple cases but let me know what you think.
How did you come to faith?

Dec 18, 2013
The devil cannot make you do anything. That is a scapegoat. If you do wrong it is your own doing. The devil can tempt and persuade you, but he cannot MAKE you do anything.
Indeed. Interestingly enough, the first scapegoat used in the Bible....

Dec 18, 2013
Indeed. Interestingly enough, the first scapegoat used in the Bible....
Actually upon consulting the Bible, my bad, technically I guess "the woman made me do it" be the first scapegoat. "Satan made me do it" excuse a close second though.

A

Anonimous

Actually upon consulting the Bible, my bad, technically I guess "the woman made me do it" be the first scapegoat. "Satan made me do it" excuse a close second though.
But, Eve still CHOSE to disobey...just as Adam did.

A

ABRAY85

You asking me Elin ?

A

ABRAY85

Thanks for all your opinions, I just don't believe all those people have serious mental issues, I do believe the Devil can work through people same as Christ works through people. For example the man who shot up the movie theater, he is not crazy, he is evil. A really crazy person could not plan an attack that well, with flash bangs, bullet proof vests, etc.

A

ABRAY85

I truly believe satan makes people vote for democrats.

Its the only logical conclusion
C'mon man Democrats and Republicans both have some good and some bad views on issues. In order to truly fix the problems we need to stop picking fights between the 2 parties and come together to do whats best for the country and the citizens. I believe it was George Washington that said dividing the country into political parties would not work well. As a man of God you should know to not put your faith in man, because as a human we are not perfect and we all make mistakes.

C

CRC

Like a criminal boss, the Devil conceals his identity in order to achieve his objective. What is that objective? The Bible answers: “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”—2 Corinthians 4:4. The Devil is very impartial when it comes to misleading peoples. He care less about your age, race, political affiliation, or socio-economic status. His goal is to keep you from obeying the Christ!!!! And not to mention, his success rate is very high!! (1 John 5:19) We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.
(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Thanks for all your opinions, I just don't believe all those people have serious mental issues, I do believe the Devil can work through people same as Christ works through people. For example the man who shot up the movie theater, he is not crazy, he is evil. A really crazy person could not plan an attack that well, with flash bangs, bullet proof vests, etc.
One can be insane and highly intelligent. AS a matter of fact people with higher IQs are more likely to have mental illness. Especially in men. My father was a genius. He was also bi-polar, and very dangerous if not on medication. He was also Christian, and very faithful, but when he was not on his meds he would act out in ways that I really should not share on this forum, but I will tell you if it wasn't for my mother being able to manipulate my father into telling her his "plans" I would have been killed. Luckily, the police came by to visit and took my dad to a mental hospital, and after my father was properly treated for his mental illness he was able to see his error and repented for conspiring to kill me.

Dec 18, 2013
But, Eve still CHOSE to disobey...just as Adam did.
Yes indeed! Plus don't forget that even though Adam and Eve still had to die because of what they did, God also gave them a pathway to salvation because ultimately the fault was that of the first murderer whom beguiled them.

A

ABRAY85

Yes, if you don't mind sharing.
No I don't mind sharing. I was raised in the church. I became an Atheist for a few years because so many unpleasant things happened in my life in a very short time and I said there is no way God can allow all these things to happen to me and my family. As I got older and studied the bible more I gained a better understanding of life and came to peace with myself and Jesus Christ.

Jan 19, 2013
No I don't mind sharing. I was raised in the church. I became an Atheist for a few years because so many unpleasant things happened in my life in a very short time and I said there is no way God can allow all these things to happen to me and my family. As I got older and studied the bible more I gained a better understanding of life and came to peace with myself and Jesus Christ.
That seems a little inconsistent with your OP.

Dec 12, 2013
Totally agree with this....seems a lot of people got the devil made me do it from Flip Wilson's comedy act....we choose to sin when we are drawn away of our own lusts......

E

Elianna

When the Devil is in control of someone with a mental illness, it can be devastating! I've witnessed and experienced this for years with my precious child. He is the kindest most honest honorable person I've ever met and would never harm anyone nor anything although suddenly the demon gets activated and acts out, I pray and it stops sometimes immediately and sometimes later in Gods time. My child doesn't even know what happened because of dissociation due to trauma. This is a very complicated discussion that I am exploring and trying to understand

John_agape

Feb 27, 2014
While the devil cannot make someone do something he can influence them to do so. Just as voices in a hallucinating schizophrenic does not force the person to act, the hallucination influences that person.

I heard there is some new therapy where schizophrenics learn to control themselves and ignore their voices.

Not all mental health is due to demons and not all mental health is due to an imbalance in chemicals in the brain. Both are true and so is a lot in between. Some modern mental health problems are the result of our modern lifestyles not being compatible with certain personalities. Modern psychiatry seems to have lost the text books that taught personality.

For anyone who does not believe demons still influence people, you haven't experienced it or recognised it when you saw it. It is scary.