Dickens Christmas Carol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

I would like to spend some time reflecting and commenting on different parts of the story.
This story has so much relevance to Gospel truth. Our obligation to the poor and getting our priorities right in life for instance. Needing to confront our own self-centredness. Waking up..
i will quote from the story. Quotes that made an impression.
Christmas is the season but the theme is perennial. Noticing others. Sharing life and laughter.

M

morefaithrequired

Scrooge But you were always a good man of business Jacob,
Marley Business? Mankind was my business. the common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business.

Worth reflecting on this one. How much do I focus on the task of my job and forget the big picture? Such as noticing other people and their needs. But is this too idealistic in our day and age? When the workplace is full of tension and bullying. Where giving an inch someone takes a mile.
Still I tend to remember kindness at work. because it is getting more rare every year. Listening without judgement is something I want to aspire to. I tend to get too consumed by my task and not notice when people need to chat. getting the balance right is the trick,

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I would rather watch it, preferably the 1951 version!