Did Jesus die on the cross?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me.

Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

If Jesus did not die on the cross then we do not have salvation.

Animals are inferior to people so their blood cannot completely take away sins, but only the blood of Jesus a human, who is greater than us, can completely take away sins.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
If Jesus did not give His life up we have nothing to pay for our life. Death could not hold Him because He was sinless and because He is God eternal

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
He dismissed His Spirit? No, not really.
Yes, really.

KJV (Mt 27:50)
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

King James 2000 Bible
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up his spirit.

Strong's Concordance
aphiémi: to send away, leave alone, permit
Original Word: ἀφίημι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: aphiémi
Phonetic Spelling: (af-ee'-ay-mee)
Definition: to send away, leave alone, permit
Usage: (a) I send away, (b) I let go, release, permit to depart, (c) I remit, forgive, (d) I permit, suffer.
HELPS Word-studies
863 aphíēmi (from 575 /apó, "away from" and hiēmi, "send") – properly, send away; release (discharge).

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
JaumeJ said:

He dismissed His Spirit? No, not really.

How do you come to the understanding He did not? Does it matter if He did or just died a long death on the cross?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

This is a reference to Christ's death on the cross.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
John 12:27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’?
No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered;
others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine.
31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.
32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.