Diets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

VictagaNOC94

Me and my mom recently started this diet of six meals a day....each the size of our fists. We were told by our doctor that this is actually the best way to do it. And we have had friends who have tried it and lost 20 pounds in a month. Just curious of everyone elses diet plans and how much you have lost from it.

Oct 31, 2011
I have to have a nurse come to my home once a week. Some are beautifully slender. I find out all I can about how they do it. The slender ones all agree on how.

They say that the key is not so much what you eat but on your metabolism. In the mornings this is set by having a bit of protein, and protein is important. The body is sensitive to starvation! (Boy, do I have news for my body!!) Anytime it gets the message that it might not have food available it can go into a starvation mode where it grabs anything it gets and turns it to fat to be sure it always has that in reserve. Never let yourself feel hungry. So it isn't only never giving your body more than it can use for energy so it stores the excess, but on keeping it using the food it gets for energy instead of storage. That is metabolism.

Your diet plan sounds perfect.

J

Jordache

Sucks for me. I'm on the no protein diet plan. But I believe the key really is exercise. Even a good diet could have little effect if you sit on your butt all day.

W

wwjd_kilden

What matters is mostly what you eat. If you eat five packs of butter a day (yeah, exaggerating here) it won't help much :p
if you eat six carrots a day, that probably isn't good either.

Regular small meals are good, yes, but what is most important is what they consist of

J

Jordache

Different bodies respond to slightly varied diets. Some need more protein. A friend of mine has lost 30 lbs going paleo. Other friends have lost with weight watchers. Some have lost becoming vegetarian.

Dec 19, 2009
Me and my mom recently started this diet of six meals a day....each the size of our fists. We were told by our doctor that this is actually the best way to do it. And we have had friends who have tried it and lost 20 pounds in a month. Just curious of everyone elses diet plans and how much you have lost from it.
I have breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, and supper in three stages (3:30, 5:25, 6:45). I guess that's six.

A

AmberGardner

Totally cutting out the sugar has lead to weight loss. If you continue to eat or drink a good amount of sugar the pounds will stay on you. I started losing weight the first week. I drink only water, which I love now, and unsweetened coffee with creamer. Just unsweet drinks. No juice! Other than that I eat a normal breakfast, lunch, dinner, and unsweet snacks.

A

AmberGardner

I still eat fruits though