Digging in The Word, Growing in Christ...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Introspect

In the past few weeks I've been digging in God's Word more, and growing in my relationship with Christ. Realizing so much in what it means to Abide in Christ. I was saved in 2001, but continued in the darkness. I see now that by doing that I disconnected myself from God, because God is Light, and in Him is NO darkness. So by my saying I was in Christ, but continuing in the darkness in my life...I lied. Several years ago, God lead me to discover Christian rap artists Lecrae and Trip Lee. I remember the first song I heard by them was Trip Lee's "Crying Out". That song had such an impact on me, I was so touched by the lyrical content. Since then, every Christian rap artist I have been drawn too has been from Reach Records and labels related to them (116, Lamp Mode, ect.).

I just recently quit smoking weed around Thanksgiving of last year, by the Grace of God delivering me from it. From that moment, I started realizing that I couldn't grow like I needed to in Christ because of that stronghold and others that were in my life. As soon as I surrendered the addiction to Christ, I started seeing things happen. I no longer desire the things that once bound me. I give Praise to God for the burning desire I have for HIM. Since I've been Abiding more in Christ, God has lead me to the sermons and messages of John Piper and Paul Washer. First I was lead to John Piper on the Desiring God website. I started to realize that he was the Pastor that was quoted, and even featured in some of the Christian rap songs I have been lead to. For example, the Song "Don't Waste Your Life" by Lecrae actually was a book by John Piper "Don't Waste Your Life". Also the song "Make War" by Tedashii and Flame was from a sermon John Piper preached on (Dr. Piper is actually in the song). John Piper is also in some of Shai Linne's songs too.

All these things are a result of God's Majestic and Mighty plan. I know God lead me to these Christian rappers for a reason, and being lead to the sermons I've watched by these pastors is like confirmation. I Praise God and give Glory to HIM Alone for the things that have been sown in my heart by what I've been lead to. There are so many people who teach the wrong message, or preach the Gospel in a watered down or twisted form. I thank God so much for leading me to sound and healthy messages from music and sermons. I'm currently working on a new song. I think I might name it "Hearts Cry" but I'm not sure yet because I only have one verse so far. I made a vow not too long ago that I wouldn't write anything unless it was sound to God's Word and His anointing was in it. I pray that God get ALL the Glory in everything I do, and if I ever stray from that focus in ANY way, may He break me until I am at His feet in repentance.

Soli deo Gloria! (Glory to GOD Alone)

G

greatkraw

praise God
He sets the captives free

P

Paul_Washer

:) Amen brother!!