Discovery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

T_spoon

How do i discover my gift from God

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Mabe ask him to reveal it to you,you could have more than one,he will
Be blessed

S

shekaniah

Praying that T_spoon will gain wisdome of who He is in Christ, and all that God has Blessed with be clear to him. In Jesus Name I Pray Amen

N

NMsmile

Be still and know that he is God.

How do you do this...

Study God's word -- the bible
Get involved with other Christians -- By going to church, find an accountability partner (to keep yourself honest)
Pray - make it a habit (it will never fail you)
Be obedient in the small things... because if you are you will be trusted with bigger things (remember the story of the money, hidden vs it working)

God uses us in our weakness... Why? So everyone will know it was him.

I'll be praying that God shows you what his calling / gift is for you. But to be honest sometimes it's better not knowing.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying Jesus will reviel all to you.

God bless.
pickles

R

Ramon

Seek the Kingdom and the Righteousness of God. Jesus will reveal it to you indeed.

May Jesus bless you.

Y

yaright

How do i discover my gift from God
The first thing Jesus did/and does, in His ministry, is revealed in a couple different ways in the New Testament.

The first; "Repent, pick up your cross, and follow Me?"

The second first; "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

These are the first and most significant things Jesus speaks of in the beginning of a person's walk with Him, or Jesus would not have placed this in the beginning of His ministry. Jesus said that if you follow Him, He will teach you how to become fishers of men.

If you allow it; Jesus will teach you (first) who you are and why you are that way in God's sight. That's right, a person needs to be humbled by His Truth and His grace. When you learn these things first, you will understand better what sin is, and also the power of grace; both should be in the witness of your life. And the hope found in your witness will lead many to Christ. This is part of the First Two commandments. To love your God with all your heart mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as Jesus has shown the love of His grace in you.

Thank You Jesus! Our Lord and King has shown us this living stone who desires to be shaped by the hands of a Man called a Carpenter's Son.

To understand this is a powerful gift, and the beginnings of understanding which you are looking for in terms of gifts.

The greatest battle you will encounter is temptation in your own life.

The greatest understanding is to know that these temptations are in all people, and the power of grace comes to those who seek it in Christ.

You will become a powerful witness in the lives of those who are entrapped, slaves to sin.

M

Maya86

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

"Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."- 1 Corinthians 13:13

Praying that God shines His love and wisdom upon you and shows you your purpose in life. :)

Hugs,
Maya

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Praying you find your gift. I wonder what my gift is too!

M

Maya86

Praying you find your gift. I wonder what my gift is too!
Praying that God reveals it to you too :D Awesome huh? New job soon and hey.. you might even use your gift to help people :D