Discrimination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

isaria

It does happen:eek:
Even good people may do it unwillingly for they missinterpret or misunderstand then theres one s who may do it with hate and putdowns as they may be racist or jealous.

One man I know who is muslim he is educated civil engineering and very wise and kind , charming educated and good man.
Despite all this he was discriminated.

Another woman I know of is very educated and wise but can not articulate or express herself unless it is those whom know this language she uses to communicate with.
They all assumed she was disabled and stupid and treated her that way aswell as labelled her that way.
Many years of being treated poorly she finally met someone whom could understand her and there by assess her and translate that she is not disabled but very educated and wonderful woman who has been through a lot in life.
Thanks to the brother who understood her contacting professionals for re evaluation and when so many had testified for her they cleared her form the labels they had placed upon her.
This woman was also charming, funny and wise but could not articulate or express this amoung people nor could she articulate her education level, not even in writing.

Another son was tortured and that was "covered up" as if it never happened and he was called disabled mentally.

A aborigine class was told they were almost all disabled.
Think it was like 90% of them that were told they are disabled but many of these students with several other tutors, environment and circumstances passed the very same exams and with flying clolours and were found to be very charming mannered and educated in all these levels .
How did that school system go wrong?
This was "special needs" teachers and the other teachers who came in to assess were not special needs but were professionals in what they do.
A "specialneed" may be understanding, love, compassion, being "seen" and "heard" , being respected for who you are not for how they see you and think /judge or assume you are or want you to be....

One man may speak 5 languages as child and be highly intelligent and wise but du to torture, or abuse, molestation or trauma he may loose ability speak all languages.
Barely master one language, difficulties concentrating, apathy etc.
Does this mean he is disabled?
Mentally disabled?
The word gets thrown around so disrespectfully at anyone and everyone they choose and will.
Sometimes there evidence he had trauma other times theres not.
If many men are saying "that never happened" but it did.
Maybe they are "good christians" with family and go to church every sunday...
But it still happened and he is not disabled mentally.
Although yes, maybe trauma left him scared .
Maybe he is brilliant with right people who can listen to him, understand him and care for him and not judge him as "mentally disabled".

Hoping we will break these bariers.

A woman said "i was a poor child" "i could not afford my sides"

Being a child in trauma is very difficult and this child may not be disabled and may be more better than those with grades.
Things are not always as they seem.

Its very sad to see a beautiful good people supressed, disabled and then labelled.

"I see you" "I hear you" "im listening" I understand or am willing to try to understand"

It is very disempowering and disabling not to be able to articulate /express yourself.
Specially if one is educated and gets treated as if one is stupid.

Best wishes

G

Grey

The only way we can overcome racism is to understand and live at peace with one another. Race is a construct, a matter of skin tone.

L

Lightitbe

Isaria, you are correct a lot of people discriminate against others. Have you ever witnessed someone speaking louder to a person of a foreign tongue, as if speaking louder would make them understand better? Discrimination is based on fear, ignorance and being uneducated as to how people live and learn around the world.

The bible has a lot of valuable lessons and one of them comes in the story of the tower of Babel which I am sure you know. Many of us have internal towers of Babel thinking that we somehow shine above everyone else in righteousness or anything else we may think we have. Many Christians spend more time judging others who may live differently then they do instead of accepting that ALL humans have free will. It is our duty to report abuse of another human being if we suspect or witness it, on the other hand when abuse or neglect is not in question, we need to thrive on demonstrating the very quality that we say we possess as Christians.

Being a Christian does not give me the right or privilege to "hate" someone or be disrespectful in any manner nor make assumptions about them based on their communication or lack thereof. We need to fight discrimination when we witness it not by being hateful but simply demonstrating a high level of engagement and respect to the person being victimized and assist her/him the best way we can.

I try very hard to live by the bottom line message (according to me) of all the sacred books ever written, regardless of the Faith or belief system, the message remains the common link that ties all of humanity together.

"Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you".

It is a simple message and a powerful one. If we all lived that message, we would not have wars, humans would not be abused in any way, and the environment would not be polluted for nature is also a living entity.

You may have been treated as if you are "stupid" but the joke is on the person who persecuted you. Believe in yourself, your gifts, intelligence, and own personal light. Remember that regardless how may people say mean things to you they are all wrong.

Once upon a time it was believed that the earth was flat and behind a certain point, death would surely come they said. Don't be a fool and travel beyond this point, you are crazy, you will bring shame to your family, they said etc. We all know how that worked out right? Someone set out to prove ALL of them wrong and brought the slayed dragon back to the village and fed everyone (okay, I made that up).

The point is that as long as you believe in yourself and your gifts, what other people say or do matters not. Most of the greatest inventors of our time were ridiculed and shunned and now we benefit from them not giving up. Don't give up, there will always be mosquitoes to bother you and some will be in human form; c'est la vie. Just try to find enough beauty and like minded people that appreciate you and forget about the mosquitoes.

Be well, I will pray that you are surrounded by so much love and warmth you will need to turn your AC on. :)

Last edited:
I

isaria

"Do unto others as you wish them to unto to you"

This is a good one.
I agree and like it.
(except if they are into bdsm submissive type things ) lol
Heard some people enjoy being cut and bashed and all kinds of things many others may find "I do Nooooot want this unto to me" :)
(a taste preference then)

Thank you for such lovely words love warmth and air conditioner sounds heavenly.

God bless:cool:

I

isaria

They could be homosexual and you are not so do not do this to me as you wish be done to you...

Or some one make serve smelling fish and the love may be there but one truly only likes fish swimming in the seas and not at all for eating or smelling. :)

despite the annoyance of mozquitoes buzzing in ears at night they do have there roll, charm and grace (just not buzzing in my ears at night) thats a bad roll.... :)

and yes, have notised that some times people speak really loud to foreigners.
Sure they do not mean bad by it.
lol distancing one self from it it can look pretty funny.
But can also feel awful for the foreigner.

God bless and thank you and wishing you a air con swell

P

PrincessJawhara

I teach English as a Second Language (ESL), and yes, sadly this does happen. Many of these ESL students are brilliant, and many of them have college degrees in their own countries, yet sometimes native English speakers treat them as if they are stupid. (._.) It is not always about discrimination. Sometimes it is just done out of ignorance. When my students transfer out of ESL to college level classes, even some teachers discriminate against them. For example, I have heard of teachers who separate their native speakers from their ESL students and don't allow their ESL students to make presentations. At my college, I am working with teachers from various disciplines on this problem. We want to create a video with ESL student interviews so that teachers across the campus can hear the students' voices and have a better understanding of who they really are as people and what their needs are. I know this only addresses the problem on a micro scale, but we have to start somewhere.

By the way, this happens with autistic people too. I saw a video about an autistic woman who couldn't speak at all for years. When she was a teen, she learned to type, and suddenly her family realized that there were brilliant thoughts in her head that she was just never able to articulate.