disobedience is the evidence of unbelief

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 3, 2011
The evidence of belief is obedience. So what does that make disobedience? The evidence of unbelief. If you claim to believe on and trust in Christ, yet live in disobedience to His Word then you are a liar. The true test of your faith is your obedience to Christ, and His Word.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

James 2
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1st John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

F

FireOnTheAltar

Prepare for a battle over this one. I have often stated that sin equates to faithlessness once you understand biblical sanctification and how God promises to always provide "an escape" when we are faced with temptation (1 Cor 10:13) which is walking in the Spirit (Romans chapters 6-8), or as some like to call "abiding in Christ" (John chapters 14 - 17).

Jul 3, 2011
Prepare for a battle over this one. I have often stated that sin equates to faithlessness once you understand biblical sanctification and how God promises to always provide "an escape" when we are faced with temptation (1 Cor 10:13) which is walking in the Spirit (Romans chapters 6-8), or as some like to call "abiding in Christ" (John chapters 14 - 17).
:) I can take the beating...lol

My brother once told me he wouldnt want my calling. He said ''you have to tell half of the church they are truly unsaved, and the other half they have to go through the Tribulation''....lol

F

FireOnTheAltar

:) I can take the beating...lol

My brother once told me he wouldnt want my calling. He said ''you have to tell half of the church they are truly unsaved, and the other half they have to go through the Tribulation''....lol
*lol* Been there myself....

N

needmesomejesus

well, we all disobey so i guess we all have a little of unbelief. Human nature really.:)

D

dmdave17

Please speak for yourself. You do not know that all disobey
I know that we all sin. I will not even bother to cite all the Scriptural evidence for the fact that all mankind is born with "sinful human nature". I would consider it quite presumptuous for anyone to hold themselves up as the equal of Christ.

D

Deadflesh

Please speak for yourself. You do not know that all disobey
I believe in a walk of Holyness 4runner, I beleive that LOVE of GOD is obededience. I believe that if we walk carefully and rest/abide lean on Christ, and go to GOD for ALL then we can walk with him in almsot unbroken fellowship(of which i have yet to attain but i strive to) I bleeive if we walk IN the spirit, then we wont give into the flesh. But we WILL stumble at times(out burst of anger...pride...eating that last bit of leftover pasta when we distinctly hear God say NO!)

That said are you saying that YOU NEVER dissobey? You are NEVER pridefull? Never Anxious? never lack faith? You walk in the spirit ALL the time 24/7 and dont do anything unless GOD tells you to? NOTHING is of your will?

Im not trying to be challenging my friend, but is that the case?

N

NoahsMom

I know that we all sin. I will not even bother to cite all the Scriptural evidence for the fact that all mankind is born with "sinful human nature". I would consider it quite presumptuous for anyone to hold themselves up as the equal of Christ.

H

Honey12

The great 4runner that doesn't sin, again. Yaaaay.

Jul 3, 2011
We all have sinned. However show me one single verse that says we are to continue to sin after new birth and I will bow out and admit you are right. As far as making ourselves equal to Christ...isnt Christ that lives within us that causes us to be able to obey God?

Have you ever heard the hand/glove analogy?

Jul 3, 2011
The great 4runner that doesn't sin, again. Yaaaay.
Well I wouldn't call me great. If God through Christ is able to keep me from falling then He deserves the glory, not me ;)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2011
I believe in a walk of Holyness 4runner, I beleive that LOVE of GOD is obededience. I believe that if we walk carefully and rest/abide lean on Christ, and go to GOD for ALL then we can walk with him in almsot unbroken fellowship(of which i have yet to attain but i strive to) I bleeive if we walk IN the spirit, then we wont give into the flesh. But we WILL stumble at times(out burst of anger...pride...eating that last bit of leftover pasta when we distinctly hear God say NO!)
I agree

That said are you saying that YOU NEVER dissobey? You are NEVER pridefull? Never Anxious? never lack faith? You walk in the spirit ALL the time 24/7 and dont do anything unless GOD tells you to? NOTHING is of your will?
No, I am not saying that at all. However for me to make a blanket statement that no one obeys would be out of bounds. I can only speak for myself, and as for myself any obedience I walk in is through the grace of God, and not by my own ability.

God Bless you Brother.

Keep crucifying that flesh ;)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Well I wouldn't call me great. If God through Christ is able to keep me from falling then He deserves the glory, not me ;)
wow. can i stand next to you? maybe some of your righteousness will land on us!

May 18, 2011
The evidence of belief is obedience. So what does that make disobedience? The evidence of unbelief. If you claim to believe on and trust in Christ, yet live in disobedience to His Word then you are a liar. The true test of your faith is your obedience to Christ, and His Word.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

James 2
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the
messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1st John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Amen 4runner, very nice. Shalom

zone

Jun 13, 2010
How do I look in white ?
quite smashing.
does it feel holier?
looks cool.

i think the red hat adds some pizzaz though. maybe too much white today.

hey! do they still carry you around on a litter (or whatever that fancy gold thingee is)?

F

FireOnTheAltar

well, we all disobey so i guess we all have a little of unbelief. Human nature really.:)
Unfortunately it does happen, often times before we even realize that what we did was wrong. This is why it is so important that we stay both in the word and in prayer so that our minds might be renewed and transformed. The great thing is that if we are truly sensitive to the convictions of the Holy Spirit and respond appropriately through humility and repentance, He is always faithful; to forgive time after time.

Grace is the milk of the gospel and He will give it as much as needed until you are able to digest the meat of the gospel which is holiness, only attainable through the power and presence of the indwelling Christ, the Holy Spirit.