divisions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

which branch of christianity was Jesus?

Was one of his arms a calvinist and the other arm a, i dont know, methodist?

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

that all of you agree with one another in what you say

and that there be no divisions among you,

but that you be perfectly united
in mind and thought.

Let's stick to what God says in his word, which is finished.

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—

not with wisdom
and eloquence,

lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Do you ever wonder why so many people hate Christ?
It might be because we make our God look like he can't make up his mind!

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, division happens when Christians do not continue with the given TEACHER as our HELPER the HOLY SPIRIT of the Holy Scriptures which HE has inspired through lame men for us all to come in unity to one teaching of the New Covenant (Contract GOD the FATHER made with us by the blood of HIS SON) in the name of the FATHER, SON and the HOLY GHOST, we were baptist not only of water (burying the old nature and understanding) but also of the HOLY SPIRIT to listen and pay attention with spiritual discernment the MESSIAH's New Covenant Teachings and practicing them to attain and confirm Eternal Life in future justification as a faithful worker (servant labored in his or hers spiritual gifts, abiding in the New Covenant MESSIAH's Words of bodily spirit and life to worship the FATHER in spirit and truth).

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Maybeit shuld be asked 'what part of Jesus is Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Arminianism etc. etc. is.'?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Maybe it should be asked 'what part of Jesus is Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Arminianism etc. etc. '?

May 15, 2013
Maybe it should be asked 'what part of Jesus is Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Arminianism etc. etc. '?
Matthew 12:30“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Matthew 12:25
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I guess I was thinking in these terms...
1 Corinthians 12:14-25 For the body is not one member, but many.If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?
But now are they many members, yet but one body.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

May 15, 2013
Romans 7:4So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

1 Corinthians 10
14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Jesus isn't part od the body but he is the body.

B

BeanieD

Jesus was none of these. Jesus was/is, the light that shows the way to God, and the will of God. People have created the different denominations of ONE Christianity. Blessings

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Romans 7:4So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

1 Corinthians 10
14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Jesus isn't part od the body but he is the body.
It is usually pictured that Jesus is the HEAD and we are the members (eyes,hands, ears, nose etc.) each norished and built up by the Head and functioning in unison (hopefully) with one another. The problem is that many members are drawn away from their Head to themselves or some flashy 'performer' 'wonder worker', 'entertainer' etc.