Divorced parents

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PaigeyStorm

My parents got divorced about a year and a half ago, but my mom constantly tells me it's my fault because I mistakenly told my dad something that she told me. I always thought I didn't believe her, but coming to think of it I recently have started to let it get to me for some reason..
Also, my mom and I don't get along, she says stuff like, "you're selfish." "You don't care about anyone". " you're not my daughter." "How am I supposed to love someone like you." And so on...
this mostly occurs when I spend time with my dad, but the when I'm with her, she's too caught up in her own life and her job to ever even realize when something's wrong.
For example :
yesterday, I was sitting right next to her, and because of a bad day at school I was crying, loudly too. She didn't even turn her head. Didn't notice at all, she was too busy on her computer doing work.
I want my mom back, what do I do?

B

BarlyGurl

go live with your dad.

Sep 13, 2012
How could you possibly be responsible for the actions of two grown adults?

Feb 11, 2012
My parents got divorced about a year and a half ago, but my mom constantly tells me it's my fault because I mistakenly told my dad something that she told me. I always thought I didn't believe her, but coming to think of it I recently have started to let it get to me for some reason..
Also, my mom and I don't get along, she says stuff like, "you're selfish." "You don't care about anyone". " you're not my daughter." "How am I supposed to love someone like you." And so on...
this mostly occurs when I spend time with my dad, but the when I'm with her, she's too caught up in her own life and her job to ever even realize when something's wrong.
For example :
yesterday, I was sitting right next to her, and because of a bad day at school I was crying, loudly too. She didn't even turn her head. Didn't notice at all, she was too busy on her computer doing work.
I want my mom back, what do I do?
I pray you and your family will come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, because you all need to repent of your sins, especially your parents, who are not Christians from what you described, and if they think they are they are greatly deceived.

Draw near to God, you are young, and need to come to God and seek His great mercy and help, but you must also give your life to Him, not lip service, but life service!

Repent of all known sin and worldliness, be a strong example to your family, it wont be easy, but you have a choice to let your family bring you down with them, or reach out to God in brokeness and repentance, and He will lift you up, give you a new heart and life, despite what your family does or thinks, it doesnt matter its what God thinks that is important here!

Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Be humbled before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

I pray you all come to a saving faith, and that your parents would repent, and stop abusing you!

P

PaigeyStorm

I pray you and your family will come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, because you all need to repent of your sins, especially your parents, who are not Christians from what you described, and if they think they are they are greatly deceived.

Draw near to God, you are young, and need to come to God and seek His great mercy and help, but you must also give your life to Him, not lip service, but life service!

Repent of all known sin and worldliness, be a strong example to your family, it wont be easy, but you have a choice to let your family bring you down with them, or reach out to God in brokeness and repentance, and He will lift you up, give you a new heart and life, despite what your family does or thinks, it doesnt matter its what God thinks that is important here!

Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Be humbled before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

I pray you all come to a saving faith, and that your parents would repent, and stop abusing you!
my dad is actually christian and so am i and we are very involved in serving God and have been for 3 years. Please dont assume next time :) but thanks for the advice anyways
god bless.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry you're going through this! I don't mean to offend but it sounds like your mother is very immature. You may be more mature than she is. It doesn't sound like you're going to be able to depend on her very much for emotional support. Do you know another mom that you can talk to?

That's great that you and your dad are Christians!! You can find a lot of emotional and spiritual support from other Christians...do you attend church?

Most of us wish our parents were wise and mature...but it's a fact of life that this isn't always the case. But it doesn't have to hinder us in our growth toward God. That's why He put His Word into a very handy book. Everything we need to reach our full potential is in there! Plus, reading some of the great Christian writers can be immensely helpful.

Praying for you and your mom and dad...love, forgiveness, compassion for each other. Love and honor your mom but get what you need from the guidance of the Holy Spirit and mature adults. She may even see the light shining through you...but don't think that her salvation is totally up to you; the choice will be hers.

U

Ugly

Many times people blame others for their own mistakes. If your mom had a secret so bad it ended their marriage, that's her behavior that ended the marriage, not yours. Seems your mom can't handle she screwed up and wants to pin it on you. Don't let her words effect you. Its not your fault. If she hadn't done whatever she had done there would have been nothing to tell to begin with.

R

Robbinette

It sounds like your Mom has a lot of different issues going on right now. Maybe she is one of those people who lashes out at others because she doesn't know how to communicate or express her feelings or what she's going through. Most importantly none of that is your fault, I hope you know that. I read that you and your dad are very involved with serving God and that sounds awesome! It sounds like you have more in common with him than her. And the end of the day you need to do what is best for you emotionally and spiritually. Is it possible you could move in with your Dad? You need to be around people that you feel safe and comfortable with. Pray for her and let God deal with her, it has to be her choice to go to him. I'm sorry your going through a hard time. But next time your going through something bad at school or anywhere and you don't have anyone to talk to, you can always message me on here if you want :) This reminds me of how I am with my Dad. I have to take him in doses because we have such clashing personalities we can't seem to be around each other for long without disagreeing. It's sad because I would have loved to have a father daughter relationship but I'm mature enough now to see that you can't change people or their personalities you can only change how it affects you. Hope this helps :)