Do people love your heart and hate your mind?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lovespeace123

Do people love the pureness and sincerity and honesty of your heart, but hate the way your mind works...always seeking God and thinking on heavenly rather than earthly things? I went to a well ranked University and mucked up my time there...now everyone that wished they had gone there loves the fruit of my life, but thinks all my decisions since have been foolish. They might call me the 'proverbial fool with a big heart'.

Wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

2 Peter 1:5-8 - For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

N

NazariteNation

Do people love the pureness and sincerity and honesty of your heart, but hate the way your mind works...always seeking God and thinking on heavenly rather than earthly things? I went to a well ranked University and mucked up my time there...now everyone that wished they had gone there loves the fruit of my life, but thinks all my decisions since have been foolish. They might call me the 'proverbial fool with a big heart'.

Wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

2 Peter 1:5-8 - For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Great topic Lovespeace....

Reading that verse it's as if Peter is kinda' giving us a seven step outline to the never ending process of conversion / sanctification. If I were to give an honest evaluation of myself given this piece of scripture as a guideline, I would have to honestly say that I'm somewhere in between possessing self control and perseverance.

I'm kinda' curious as to how others would rate themselves on this scale.... honestly.

Attachments

N

NazariteNation

Doesn't matter what people think only what God does., and that you did what God said to do with your life.
Point taken Merry however, I was referring self evaluation. Being honest with oneself and in doing so being honest with God as one would do before taking communion. I apologize for not being more specific.

Attachments

L

lovespeace123

The Bible has tangible keys to righteousness and can teach someone how to be a blessing to people they are around. The spirit of the Bible is 'lambs to the slaughter/minister of reconciliation/humble servants'. We serve, not 'are served'. If one is a competent Christian who necessarily preaches hard messages founded in the love of God and that teach that our gospel is a gospel of peace, people will in time see the love you have for them.

What irks me is that they want the goodness of your heart (our message), but they do not want the mind of Christ. They love servants as long as they are not one. When it gets sticky is when that mind of yours judges something to be an holiness issue and you seperate yourself from them. Then things get weird.

Do people ever treat you that way? They love you, but when wisdom (in action) arises in you or holiness unto God (in action) arises, do people begin to work on your mind, i.e. pranks, cruel joking, lying, etc.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.