Do you all Really Think God APPROVES of THIS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eccl12and13

Readers.....there are probably a BILLION things that God did NOT go over in the bible. He didn't give us an example for each and everything we are and are not to do, day to day or year to year. But He did leave us with 66 books from which we are to derive ALL of our doctrine. We are told that ALL that we do concerning the service and worship of God are ONLY to come from the scriptures. Not ONCE are we told to seek ANY other way OUTSIDE of His word to worship or to serve Him. We are not told to make up a celebration. If He wanted us to know what to do and when to do it, He would have left us with very detailed instructions. For example..... God gave us the EXACT date of Christ death with instructions on how to observe it, but even with that information man STILL does not observe His command.

So before going on please understand again that God did not give us instructions on everything that we may encounter in life within the books of the bible. But we have been left with the following scriptures for guidance;

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim.3:16

And if that were not enough God then left us with the following....and He even gave it to us in the OT AND NT.....just in case;

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live." Deut.8:2

" But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4

And......if that still was not enough God gave us this one little 'cover all' scripture to read to cover the BILLION other things that are not covered in His word. Let's read it;

"Abstain from all appearance of evil." 1 Thes.5:22

And if that STILL was not enough God gave us good old common sense.

With that said I present the following questions;

Do you really think God approves of associating the birth of His Son with those things that once were AND still are also associated with idol worship?

Do you think He approves of you making up His Son's birth date and THEN making it the same date as the heathens took for the birth of their god's?

Do you think God approves of you associating a tree brought into a house and decorating it with silver and gold with His Son when He told those that choose to serve and worship Him NOT to do so?

Do you think God approves of you doing the exact traditions as the heathen and now saying that these traditions represent the birth of His Son?

Is this using ALL scripture for doctrine?
Is this avoiding the appearance of evil?

You really think God approves of these actions?

Let me ask you......out of ALL of the days of the year that you have to celebrate the birth of Christ, why would you do it at the same time when the heathens are also celebrating their god's. And YES....this time of year Wiccans still worship their god's. And why would you choose ALL of the same items that the heathens use to worship their god's and now use them to celebrate the birth of Christ?

Let me ask you this...... If Jesus returned during the X-Mas season......how would he tell those that are Wiccans from those that call themselves Christians? Both have tress decorated in their homes? Both have wreaths outside of their doors. Both have Holly inside of their homes. Both have Mistletoe hanging in doorways. Both are burning the yule-log. Both are exchanging gifts. What would Jesus see that would separate a Christian from a Wiccan? The manger scene?

Is THIS using ALL scripture for doctrine?
Is THIS avoiding the appearance of evil?

And let me ask this..... Do you believe Christ will allow the current X-Mas celebration to continue when He returns to rule here on earth for 1000 years? Let's read what WILL be observed by ALL nations when Christ reigns;

Zech.14
[16] And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
[17] And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
[18] And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
[19] This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Now this feast will be kept by ALL of mankind when Jesus returns. God said this feast was to be kept FOREVER!

Now do you really believe God will approve such behavior when He returns to rule, or will He enforce those feast days He said will be observed FOREVER?

Feb 11, 2012
I agree, but the root of the problem in in the heart of those who profess Christ. The apostate church celebrates Xmas along with Ishtar, and the worst of them all IMO, Halloween!

They come in droves on these pagan days,to hear a watered down message that Jesus took thier place on the cross, all sins pre forgiven, and it doesnt matter how they worship Him, while repentance and faith is thrown out the door, they love thier celebrations, while their hearts are dark and full of hypocrisy, they love to have thier ears tickled while millions are dying IN thier sins, and no one cares.

So as I mentioned I agree with what you wrote, its sound, and Biblical, BUT those still in bondage to sin and worldliness, need to go back and do thier first works, repent, and seek the mercy of God, Heart purity is thrown out also, as they teach you get saved IN your sins, you remain the Romans wretch,God covers you with the righteousness of Christ, and all is well!

BUT WHEN THE HEART IS MADE PURE THROUGH OBEDIENCE TO THE TRUTH, that can only come from repentance on the scale of Nineveh, then most wont see any problem mixing Christ with these pagan holidays!

Its that simple, I choose to celebrate His birth, life, and death, each and every day, and take every opportunity I can, especially with my family to explain why I dont go to church, or condone thier celebrations by joining them in thier false worship, but again they have been taught the false gospel where you come into the kingdom still defiled, confessing and trusting in some false provision, when Jesus clearly stated, repent, obey, and follow me on the narrow path.

So come out from among them and be seperate, touch not the unclean things, be a light and witness against this dark pop culture, and most of all preach repentance and faith proven by deeds, like they did throughout the book of Acts!

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

M

marianna

And let me ask this..... Do you believe Christ will allow the current X-Mas celebration to continue when He returns to rule here on earth for 1000 years? Let's read what WILL be observed by ALL nations when Christ reigns;

Zech.14
[16] And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
[17] And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
[18] And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
[19] This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Now this feast will be kept by ALL of mankind when Jesus returns. God said this feast was to be kept FOREVER!

Now do you really believe God will approve such behavior when He returns to rule, or will He enforce those feast days He said will be observed FOREVER?

Zechariah 14 was fulfilled.
Why are you more comfortable in the dark shadows?

That's fine if you want die in your sins, but there are watchmen to see you do not enter the sheepfold by going over the wall or some other way.

What "when He comes to rule for 1,000 years"?

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I know that I worship God all year long, so I'm sure I worship God at the same time that others worship/serve false gods. I do agree that celebrating the birth of Jesus in the way we do is probably with good motives, but is not the example that we are given which if followed will show the world that we are from heaven (the kingdom of heaven is at hand). I do think the main problem is that most pastors/teachers/preachers I have observed do not have a scriptural perspective on unity and equality. I believe this is the root problem which can be seen by the collective unfruitfulness (limited fruitfulness) in the majority of people confessing christianity. I think it's good to talk about steps we could take towards unity, and this is definitely a topic worth talking about. I don't think it really matters what day we celebrate the birth of Jesus, but if we of this everlasting preisthood want to celebrate something like the birth of Christ, then I do agree that the celebration itself should be something that sets us apart and shows we are peculiar, and above all is pointing to the glory of God.

My family in the flesh has always celebrated Christmas on Dec 25, so I understand the reasoning behind the choice to do so. Why they do it is not what the world is seeing as an example. The world that I have observed looks at us as hypocrites because of what we put so much time, resources, and effort into. I think that because the world already is viewing this, maybe a group could be really set apart even from this and by the power of God show love in everything we say and do. I won't give up hope.

E

Eccl12and13

Zechariah 14 was fulfilled.
Why are you more comfortable in the dark shadows?

That's fine if you want die in your sins, but there are watchmen to see you do not enter the sheepfold by going over the wall or some other way.

What "when He comes to rule for 1,000 years"?

I just asked a few simple questions. What are your thoughts on the following?

Do you really think God approves of associating the birth of His Son with those things that once were AND still are also associated with idol worship?

Do you think He approves of you making up His Son's birth date and THEN making it the same date as the heathens took for the birth of their god's?

Do you think God approves of you associating a tree brought into a house and decorating it with silver and gold with His Son when He told those that choose to serve and worship Him NOT to do so?

Do you think God approves of you doing the exact traditions as the heathen and now saying that these traditions represent the birth of His Son?

Is this using ALL scripture for doctrine?
Is this avoiding the appearance of evil?

You really think God approves of these actions?

Let me ask you......out of ALL of the days of the year that you have to celebrate the birth of Christ, why would you do it at the same time when the heathens are also celebrating their god's. And YES....this time of year Wiccans still worship their god's. And why would you choose ALL of the same items that the heathens use to worship their god's and now use them to celebrate the birth of Christ?

Let me ask you this...... If Jesus returned during the X-Mas season......how would he tell those that are Wiccans from those that call themselves Christians? Both have tress decorated in their homes? Both have wreaths outside of their doors. Both have Holly inside of their homes. Both have Mistletoe hanging in doorways. Both are burning the yule-log. Both are exchanging gifts. What would Jesus see that would separate a Christian from a Wiccan? The manger scene?

Is THIS using ALL scripture for doctrine?
Is THIS avoiding the appearance of evil?

As far as Christ's 1000 year rule and without getting into scripture...... this is it in a nutshell;

This is another topic, But when Christ returns to earth He will rule ALL of mankind for 1000 years. After which there will be another time of war, caused by Satan. After this final war comes the great white throne judgment followed by the kingdom of the Father which will be here on earth.