Do you believe in a soulmate? POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you believe in a soulmate?

• Yes

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
May 1, 2019
I hope you will tolerate my thinking in this matter. I am not one to argue the existence of "soul mates", but I would like to propose that the contemplation and romanticization of the idea has left many people alone and lonely.

The true definition of "Love" is what and how we do things for another and others in general especially God. The notion of soul mates is one where love requires nothing from us towards another because it comes without sacrifice or effort.

From the perspective of "commitment" and "true giving" the "soul mate" requires little of either while a traditional mature relationship of vows requires both and the relationship in which both parties are committed givers has the blessing of a "trust" that develops and is earned through mechanical day in and day out efforts to maintaining the relationship and home.

In the latter, something develops that the soul mate relationship will never truly have, and that is the bond of trust that the other half is not sustained by an ethereal feeling of euphoria and excitement, but is bound by an inner sense of commitment to the other, for better or worse. That, IMHO is LOVE demonstrated and trumps soul mate!

Don't mean to be a kill joy. But perhaps the concept of "soul mates" is a Satanic doctrine intended to lure many away from the commitments I mentioned while they search the "ethereal plane" for that "emotional nirvana"

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Five Best Soulmate Movies of all time Plus 1 for good measure:

The Notebook (2004) - romantic film based on a Nicholas Sparks novel
Titanic (1997) - an epic romance film
A Walk to Remember (2001) - an American romance film based on a romance novel by Nicholas Sparks
Somewhere in Time (1980) - a romantic sci-fi starring the late Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. It is a perfect classic period film for those who love the vibe of the earlier 19th century
Ghost (1990) - romantic fantasy drama
Braveheart ... Come-on their souls fell in love as kids - how romantic was that when he returned home... His love for his wife served as his passion for heroic action and decisions...

What to I believe: I believe that we have to open our hearts and our minds to HIS absolute magnificence... read: we have to be willing to accept his will, while being open to HIS life lessons and willing to genuinely learn to improve ourselves every step of the way. IE we have to be open to change ourselves for the better...
- I do believe that HE has a masterful plan and that everything happens by design for a reason...
- I do believe in fate and destiny...
- I do believe that certain souls are meant to enter our lives for a purpose...
- I do believe that as humans we will err...
- I DO NOT believe in a perfect marriage - I believe that two imperfect people who refuse to give-up on each other ARE or DO ultimately BECOME soulmates...
- I DO BELIEVE that HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE...

The 'Notebook' is the perfect example... They fought, they broke up, they went their separate ways, they grew, they learned, they followed their hearts... They reconciled... and HE NEVER QUIT!

I also believe that when our souls return HOME to our eternal salvation that our perspectives of earthly 'life-partners' is spectacularly different...
I believe our souls in heaven are completely forgiving of the loved ones we have left to this earth - meaning - our souls in heaven are not jealous of those who are eventually able to move-on and are fortunate enough to be blessed to love and be loved again...
I've heard of The Notebook quite often also known as Husband/Boyfriend naptime

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Hmmmm! I have put my desires in His hands. If possible in this life I certainly want someone special to share the word with intimately. I am however NOT actively seeking anymore.....He holds my future!

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
David and Jonathan are soulmates.

1 Samuel 18:1 KJV
And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

Believers are soulmates. They are equally yoked.

The soulmate of an unbeliever is satan. They have the same destiny.

2Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?”

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I believe there can be many “the ones”. It’s all about timing and finding a right one for you.