Do you crave for being rich? How good is it worth? (Part 1)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Do you crave for being rich? How good is it worth? (Part 1)

Everybody dreams with this. But, are the riskiness worthy of our efforts?

Let’s start with this warning:

• Psalm 62:10 -> “Do not trust in oppression and do not vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, do not set your heart upon them.”.

But, why can’t we fix our heart on the affluence?

First: because this irritate the Creator:

• Job 31:24-28 -> “If I have put my confidence in gold, And called fine gold my trust, If I have gloated because my wealth was great, And because my hand had secured so much; If I have looked at the sun when it shone or the moon going in splendor, And my heart became secretly enticed, And my hand threw a kiss from my mouth, That too would have been an iniquity calling for judgment, For I would have denied God above.”.

In virtue of this, see what the rich can suffer if they put their confidence in their wealth:

• Psalm 52:5-7 -> “God will likewise destroy you forever; He shall take you away, and pluck you out of your tent, and root you out of the land of the living. Selah. And the righteous shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying, Behold, the man who did not make God his strength, but trusted in the abundance of his riches, he was strong in his wickedness.".
• Proverbs 11:28 -> “He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.”.
• Jeremiah 49:4,5 -> “How boastful you are about the valleys! Your valley is flowing away, O backsliding daughter who trusts in her treasures, saying, 'Who will come against me?' Behold, I will bring a fear on you, says the Lord Jehovah of Hosts, from all those who are around you. And you shall be driven out, each man straight forward; and there shall be none to gather up the runaways.”.
• 1 Timothy 6:8-10 -> “If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”.

You can be asking: but why the Creator is so angry when people focus on richness?

Tomorrow we will answer this. For the nonce, have a good day being rich in all the heavenly treasures.