Do you Judge People?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
1. To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration

I am told not to be judgemental in ANY way, this is not so easy to do though I've been working on this and I think I am almost there :) It has been difficult with the people around me as they seem to be quite judgemental as I once was, but this is me judging them, as I said ALMOST there, maybe I will get it sometime after this blog. Anyway it has surprised me how easy it is though not to jump on the bandwagon, instead I find myself speaking of good things others do and concluding that we just don't know what they're thinking, their minds or their lives, I find it changes the direction of conversations if others are speaking not so nicely about people.

I have found that a lot of religious people are also quite judgemental (here is me again judging), I find that they judge others by the words of God from scripture, example; homosexuality, sins, others experiences with God. Alot of times they are also judging what God will do about particular people and how he feels about them and I know everyone is different as is their heart. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying everyone does. Alot of the time though I see/hear or read the judgement of faith. I have also been told quite a few times by religious people that I don't have any or enough faith in the Lord or that my faith is untrue because of the way I look act or speak but this is not true. I know my faith is completely maxed out, infact I don't think I could have any more faith than I do already or Love anymore than I do, though I will still always attempt to grow these things.

Do you think you should judge people or their acts according to scripture? or do you think that you should not judge fullstop and leave ALL of the judging to the Lord himself?

My belief is the latter, do as you will and I will continue to work on the small amount of judging I have left to banish from my life. I will then have Faith, Love and Non-Judgement completed, I feel my spirit growing stronger and closer to the Lord everyday.

Thank you for reading my blog, may God bless you+

Attachments

L

Lecrae

1 Corinthians 5 makes it clear that we are allowed to judge those who are in the body of believers. We are not allowed to judge those that are not believers, as "God will judge them."

[h=3]1 Corinthians 5[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[h=3]Dealing With a Case of Incest[/h]5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough?7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[d]

G

Hello.. my Name is LLoLLa and I just have a question.. How can i Post My Testimony on Here.. it would be a great help if you can give me some info.
thanks

Nov 30, 2013
Hi LLoLLa, try this link http://christianchat.com/testimonies/ and post new thread :). Otherwise if you want to post your testimony as a blog go to your profile and on one of your profile tabs there is blog. That is where this is, in my blog. Hope this helps :)

May 3, 2013
"1) Do you think you should judge people or their acts according to scripture? or
2) Do you think that you should not judge fullstop and leave ALL of the judging to the Lord himself?"

Let me ask myself this:
What are the reasons to judge any?
I´m not a judge! But I use to find some ways to get some disernment on the people I see or meet at the streets.

Normally I see who I will cope with or won´t (that´s automatic). I don´t care they do their things, except when these affect or will affect me directly (particularly at the streets).

If Christianity is not part of my life (although I am greatly mundane) this works as if it were my concience. I see good or bad, on me and others and, LATELY I´m cursing a lot of people who drives carelessly, endangering my life, other´s life, because I don´t care theirs first.

Althought I was challanged not to curse (by the Bible) I still cursing those I said (making me selfrighteous in my own sight).

I don´t care who they say they are. If they say they´re Christians, but still being a way I dont do, ´too religious or anything beyond my understanding or "likeness", I step away (There was someone I liked. She often wrote nice things... Once I saw she wanted a wedding party for 200 people..., I stopped admiring her: That was unrealistic for my mind).

He! He!