Do you know what grace is?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have often thought that Jesus gave us an example of grace just before He took the cross for us.
The feet of the apostles were dirty, so Jesus washed them clean.

God bless.
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Grace is simply unmerited favour, being given what you don't deserve. Let me give you an example, you have been sued for beating a person and say you deserve 10 years in jail, then the judge comes and excuses you for beating that person (that is mercy), then the judge goes like "you know what, you have my car, and you can become my son and you can live in my house" Now that is grace!! Being given what you do not deserve at all and that is what Jesus did for us. We were not just pardoned of our sin, we where given eternal life as kings and His sons! God bless

Jun 1, 2011
God's grace is truly amazing ;for by his grace ,we are saved from the penalty of past sins and overcome the power of present sins.

Do you remember what your life was like before you surrendered it to Jesus Christ? you were an enemy of God living in spiritual blindness .you were ungodly and guilty.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.(Ephesians 2:8-9)

Grace defined -
GRACE is the "unearned ,unmerited love,mercy,pardon and favor of god"

Jesus affirms the necessity of his Grace -

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.(John 15:5)

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.(Romans 9:16)

Justice is getting what we do deserve
Grace is getting what we do not deserve
Mercy is not getting what we do deserve

Grace draws us to him -

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.(John 6:44)

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.(John 6:65)

Grace grants us Repentance -

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?(Romans 2:4)

Grace grants us mercy and help -

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.(Hebrews 4:16)

Grace justifies us -

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: ( Romans 3:23-24)

Knowledge on how to live Godly -

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; (Titus 2:12)

Power and desire to do His will -

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.(1 Corinthians 15:10)

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.(Philippians 2:13)

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.(Hebrews 13:20-21)

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: ( 2 Corinthians 9:8)

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: ( Romans 1:5)

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: ( Hebrews12:28)

Giving us strength -

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.(2 Corinthians 12:9)

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (Romans 5:20)

What Grace is not -

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?(Romans 6:1-2)

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.(Romans 6:15)

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.(James 2:17)

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.(James 2:21-26)

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.( Ephesians 2:10)

Works of righteousness is evidence of your faith as demonstrated by your obedience to the Lord.one's lack of obedience shows one's lack of faith ,so we see that grace is God's part ,but faith ,evidenced by works ,is our part .

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;(Hebrews 12:15)

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.(James 4:6)

GOD BLESS

Jun 24, 2010
Faith justified us and made us righteous. Mercy set us free from death and judgment right? I think the brother above made it clearer.
This will go right along with your post. Mercy took away, through the blood of the cross, what we deserved (condemnation, wrath, and eternal damnation) and because of mercy, grace can give us what we don't deserve (salvation, the goodness of God's righteousness and eternal life) when we exercise faith in Christ through humility. Mercy makes grace available to sinful men so that they can be justified from their sin through the offering of Christ, who bore our sins on that tree (cross). Make no mistake about grace, it is undeserved favour given to justify sinful men because God's justice was satisfied by the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (Rom 3:24).

zone

Jun 13, 2010
God's grace is truly amazing ;for by his grace ,we are saved from the penalty of past sins and overcome the power of present sins.

Do you remember what your life was like before you surrendered it to Jesus Christ? you were an enemy of God living in spiritual blindness .you were ungodly and guilty.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.(Ephesians 2:8-9)

Grace defined -
GRACE is the "unearned ,unmerited love,mercy,pardon and favor of god"

Jesus affirms the necessity of his Grace -

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.(John 15:5)

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.(Romans 9:16)

Justice is getting what we do deserve
Grace is getting what we do not deserve
Mercy is not getting what we do deserve

Grace draws us to him -

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.(John 6:44)

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.(John 6:65)

Grace grants us Repentance -

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?(Romans 2:4)

Grace grants us mercy and help -

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.(Hebrews 4:16)

Grace justifies us -

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: ( Romans 3:23-24)

Knowledge on how to live Godly -

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; (Titus 2:12)

Power and desire to do His will -

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.(1 Corinthians 15:10)

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.(Philippians 2:13)

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.(Hebrews 13:20-21)

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: ( 2 Corinthians 9:8)

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: ( Romans 1:5)

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: ( Hebrews12:28)

Giving us strength -

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.(2 Corinthians 12:9)

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (Romans 5:20)

What Grace is not -

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?(Romans 6:1-2)

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.(Romans 6:15)

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.(James 2:17)

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.(James 2:21-26)

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.( Ephesians 2:10)

Works of righteousness is evidence of your faith as demonstrated by your obedience to the Lord.one's lack of obedience shows one's lack of faith ,so we see that grace is God's part ,but faith ,evidenced by works ,is our part .

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;(Hebrews 12:15)

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.(James 4:6)

GOD BLESS
timothy
just another beautiful teaching.
thank you again.
~
are you a pastor with a flock, timothy?
zone.

Jun 1, 2011
timothy
just another beautiful teaching.
thank you again.
~