Do you listen to others or only think of your response?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Have you ever watched a group having a conversation to see if anyone listens to what others say? You can see people only thinking of what they can say next, they never really listen to others. There are many people so absorbed with themselves that the lives of others never means anything to them.

One of the posters on cc said no one gets far arguing a point, for everyone has made up their minds. He made it clear that our chat was not searching for truth, but only a platform for personal decisions about what is truth.

Everyone thinks that how they look, what they say is important, but I wonder if others are actually looking and listening.

God tells how we are to look at others, and how to treat them.

Php_2:3 Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves.
Php_2:4 Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others,
Rom_15:2 Each one of us must please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

D

dashadow

Thank you for the words of wisdom. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes I agree Redtent. Sometimes it's best to just leave the thread. very wise indeed:] I tried to give you rep but it says i have given to much in 24 hours LOL

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
wise words! I gave you the reputation point. :eek:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Thank you, some thing to consider.

A

Ariel82

I remember someone said once that it is a spiritual gift to be able to listen to what others are saying without distraction. It was a sign of love and respect to just listen and be there with the other person.

The best way to teach someone to listen is to show them that you hear them.

I believe there are a lot more people who read and listen and pray than post on most threads, because I know I've found that what I would have said has already been posted.

To me it is an encouraging sign that God's Holy Spirit leads His people in unity of heart and purpose.

I tend to back away from threads of people who don't listen, but often still read and pray even if I don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Two ears. One mouth. Easy math.