Do you love or hate (despise) the instruction and correction?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Do you love or hate (despise) the instruction and correction?

• Pro 15:32 -> “He who refuses instruction despises his own soul, but he who hears reproof gets understanding.”.

Nobody likes changes in their life, chiefly when this change are beyond their control. After all, all change brings uneasiness and, for this, whips up trepidity. Not to mention that many changes implies in changing in our character, tastes. And this is very difficult.

See, for instance, what it happens to those who turn Jesus and His will down in regard to the purity in the marriage:

• Pro 5:3,8,9,11,12 -> “For the lips of a strange woman drip honey… Remove your ways far from her … lest you give your honor to others … and you moan when your end comes, when your flesh and muscle are eaten away, and say, How I have hated instruction, and my heart despised correction;”.
Blessed is those who attend to the wisdom and make it part of their life:
• Pro 8:34-36 -> “Blessed is the man who hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoever finds me finds life, and shall obtain favor from Jehovah. But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; all who hate me love death.”
Of course, this demands changing of life (to be a new creature – 2Cor 5:17):

• Psa 50:16,17 -> “But to the wicked, God says, What is it to you, to declare My Precepts, and to take up My covenant in your mouth? Yea, you hate to be taught, and you toss My Words behind you.”.

Nevertheless, if we don’t accept Jesus’ correction (which, although in the present does not seem to be joyous, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who are exercised by it – Heb 12:11) certainly this will come about:

• Heb 12:15 -> looking diligently lest any fail of the grace of God, or lest any root of bitterness springing up disturb you, and by it many are defiled,”.

So, have a magnificent day receiving willingly in your life everyone and everything that is necessary so that can be present in your life only what is pure and holy before Jesus.