Do you REALLY believe you're forgiven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Desoto

Considering that the first and greatest benefit of our salvation in Christ is forgiveness from our sins, we should really have a solid grasp on this before moving on to other kingdom business. Please take just a moment to share your insights on this very important topic, forgiveness and righteousness to help others who question where they stand. Thanks sincerely,

Christian Survey

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
For the Christan:
Mt 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mt 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

It's good to remember that if our Lord expects that much from us, how much more , being Good, will He forgive us.

For the non Christian:
There is a Fount filled with Blood drawn from Immanuel's veins,
And sinners plunge beneath that flood, lose ALL their guilty stains.
-William Cowper

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

God is compassionate and forgiving. I am reminded of this verse "Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon, pardon for you and for me" in the lovely hymn Softly and Tenderly. The fact that He sent His only begotten Son to sacrifice Himself for a fallen world shows that He desires to have a relationship with man (John 3:16, 1 John 4:9-10), however sin separates man from God (Isaiah 59:2). The unregenerate man lacks any righteousness to be reconciled with God (Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:23) that is why to receive forgiveness a sinner has to approach the throne of grace in humility and repentance and believe in atoning work of Christ for the remission of their sins. :)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
OP Do you REALLY believe you're forgiven?

...YES...

E

eternally-gratefull

If you do not believe you are forgiven completely forever through the death of Christ, and the adoption as Gods children. then you do not have faith. If you do not have faith in God. then I would worry and wonder why. Are you trusting self? if you are. then you have alot to fear.

Dec 26, 2012
I think for me this says a lot (Around the 2:30 mark)

[video=youtube;Zn9mx4PVFXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9mx4PVFXw[/video]

Last edited:

Dotann

Jan 28, 2012
I agree with most of what has been said. But remember we might seperate ourself from God when we sin, but God NEVER seperates Himself from us! That is why He says I will never leave you nor forsake you! He is always just a short call away ready to take head to our plea at a moments glance when we need Him. God does not turn His back on us!
If we think that its up to us to earn our way back into His presence and His love again after we have sinned, that is a false statement. We can never earn that. God already loves us more than we can ever know, even when we have fallen, He stilll loves us. We cant earn our salvation not now or ever! Jesus already paid for us and our only job is to accept it. He already did all the work. When we repent He is there with a willing and accepting heart.

But remember the lost son who didnt have a chance to say im sorry.. His father knew the condition of his heart and the motive was far greater than the son knew.. for the son didnt have time to repent, and the father forgave and exalted as well... this is an example of true unconditional love and strength that edifys and shows the humility of his character...

Also know one ever has proper dignity to approach the Lord in the first place as a sinner, but we do it anyway... for while we were yet sinners He loved us and died for us.... Love overcomes all things... Even dignity... And righteousness is born from lowering oneself from doing the right thing...
The verse Romans 3:23 that was mentioned was a partial verse that did not show this... Romans 3: 22 - 26

[SUP]22 [/SUP]This righteousness is given through faith in[SUP][a][/SUP] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, [SUP]23 [/SUP]for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, [SUP]24 [/SUP]and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. [SUP]25 [/SUP]God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[SUP][b][/SUP] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— [SUP]26 [/SUP]he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

We cant get ourselves clean first, get righteous and then come to Jesus. We seek Him just as we are in the muck and mire and in the middle of the pit, He still says, your MINE! So if we repent, this shows Jesus our righteousness as we are lifting ourselves up knowing we are not worthy of this only through our Saviours blood. Righteousness grows with faith... We have faith when we repent and believe... Who is to say what the meter of righteousness is to be for anyone? Only God!!! As we are all on different levels... and not one level is wrong for anyone as to each recieves what they acheived...

That is why i love jesus so much.. Hes not like people expecting perfection before their faith will allow committment. That is what pure faith is all about.. Jesus has taught me what real faith and trust is all about.. Trusting in Him and Him loving me when i am not worthy of anything, but He still loves me anyway...

Thank You Jesus!!!

N

nonicknametouse

I ablolutley believe I am forgiven of all sins. That is why Jesus died on the cross.

S

sunnygurl

Amen, yes I believe I am forgiven through the precious sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and the shedding of His precious blood. The cross is like a trading post where God took all my sins (past, present and future) and laid them onto Jesus. The moment I trusted in God through Jesus, God wrapped me in Jesus's righteousness (for my own is as filthy rags) and from then on God sees me in and through Christ.

What a beautiful gift grace is!

L

Laodicea

Forgiveness is a matter of faith not feeling. When we pray to God and ask for forgiveness we may not feel forgiven but the Bible says we are so we are to trust the Bible and not our feelings.

N

nathan3

To receive forgiveness, after you believe in Christ, you would have to have a change of heart and repent of those sins, otherwise, how can it be forgiven if your not asking for forgiveness or even remorseful for what you have done. God would not respect that. There is a action there on our part to ask. for that forgiveness in Christ name.. Christ already did His part. Your part would be small then, the , repentance part.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

etc etc etc.

Repentance means in the Greek it was translated from :

met-an'-oy-ah

from metanoew - metanoeo 3340; (subjectively) compunction (for guilt, including reformation); by implication, reversal (of (another's)
decision):--repentance.

( Compunction means :
Noun
A feeling of guilt or moral scruple that follows the doing of something bad.
A pricking of the conscience.

Synonyms
remorse - regret - repentance etc )

met-an-o-eh'-o

from meta - meta 3326 and noiew - noieo 3539; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):--repent.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Leviticus 17:11 [SUP] [/SUP]For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Whose blood is an atonement for our souls?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus...

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
For my pardon, this I see,
For my cleansing this my plea,
Refrain
Nothing can for sin atone,
Naught of good that I have done,
Refrain
This is all my hope and peace,
This is all my righteousness,
Refrain
Now by this I’ll overcome—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
Now by this I’ll reach my home—
Refrain
Glory! Glory! This I sing—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bring—
Refrain

Hebrews 9:13-28

[SUP]13 [/SUP]For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
[SUP]14 [/SUP]How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
[SUP]26 [/SUP]For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
[SUP]28 [/SUP]So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Oh, precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the Blood of Jesus

Yes. I REALLY believe I've been forgiven.

P

pwatcher

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Am I forgiven? Yes! Thanks to Jesus Christ, and His finished, all-sufficient work.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
(Joh 1:29)