Do you/should you disclose personal financial information to extended family or close friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
I had to explain to some rich christians that poor children do want to wear designer or label fashions that are really expensive so they can fit in with everyone else. These rich christians couldnt understand why poor children dont want to appear poor and be judged for being poor.
I'm not interested in wearing designer or label fashions... not sure if I know anybody else who is, either. I would see that as an indication that someone was of this world...

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I'm not interested in wearing designer or label fashions... not sure if I know anybody else who is, either. I would see that as an indication that someone was of this world...
a non "wise guy" multiple part question for you TallTmbers: because someone is wearing a gucci article of clothing. a manhattan arnold hat or whatever, why is it that person is of the world? many people are conditioned to think because someone drives a $300,000 car, lives in a mansion or dines gourmet all the time, that that person is of the world. someone can definitely own multiple "things", & have no part of the "worldly" way. thanks for your response.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I value my privacy. All I can say is I'm retired and my income is small but enough.
Still, it's nobody elses business and such matters are private, best kept even from closest friends or family. Jealousy raises it's head if anyone makes a big salary.
Truth is income is meaningless, it's how someone spends and what is important to them that counts. Which is a personal thing. Never to be put on social media certainly.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Absolutely, I pride myself on prudence and I love bargain hunting.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
a non "wise guy" multiple part question for you TallTmbers: because someone is wearing a gucci article of clothing. a manhattan arnold hat or whatever, why is it that person is of the world? many people are conditioned to think because someone drives a $300,000 car, lives in a mansion or dines gourmet all the time, that that person is of the world. someone can definitely own multiple "things", & have no part of the "worldly" way. thanks for your response.
A cogent point, to be sure. In some business circles you have to keep up a certain appearance or you are regarded as incompetent in that business.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
A cogent point, to be sure. In some business circles you have to keep up a certain appearance or you are regarded as incompetent in that business.
as the old expression goes: "ain't that the truth"!

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
If you read my response that led to this query in the context in which it was written, then you should find you needn't ask the question. That's my opinion.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
If you read my response that led to this query in the context in which it was written, then you should find you needn't ask the question. That's my opinion.
no, not truly. there's no specific explanation.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
children who dont want to be seen as poor
Because there are people who ARE poor who dont want to be judged. Young Models also wear fashions because often its their only way of finding decent clothes...get paid to wear them.

Sports people also wear brand name clothes because they are sponsored by those companies. They dont handsew their own uniforms!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I guess some people on here dont make their own clothes. Why would you be proud of wearing rags? Doesnt make sense.

If you ARE poor you just wear what you can afford but why if you could afford better would you not go for quality clothing that doesnt wear out/fall apart after a few washes. Also if you are poor you wouldnt have the extensive wardrobe but sometimes there are special occasions and you cant go to them if you arent dressed formally.

Even in the Bible Jesus talked about being dressed for a wedding and if you didnt have the right clothes you would not be allowed in.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This is because rich people are big risk takers and make huge gambles, and know they can lose it all quickly. At least for people involved in business or finance.
they all have some money to begin with, its just play money to them.
The owner of walmart dad was a banker who loaned him the money for his start up.
Not everyones parents are bankers lol

Trump and Richard Branson had help from their parents, took risks and were in some respect lucky they werent exactly dealing with small change.

Most people dont have that luxury of being able to play the stockmarket, or make investments etc. The investments have to be huge to begin with. If you need money, most people have to apply for a loan from the bank and they have to convince them that its worth the risk, though rich people always have extra houses, land and stuff they can sell. And they know other rich people who could lend them money. Its not like they ever had to live hand to mouth.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I figure if you don't have any money...then what's it gonna hurt🤣🤣