Do you use coupons??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you use coupons?

• Yes - all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - sometimes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No - don't care for them

• No - never thought about it

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No - coupons are evil!

• Total voters

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Do you use coupons?
Are you an extreme couponer?
Do you use one of those membership coupon services like Groupon?
Or do u just clip the stuff that comes in the mail?

Just curious.

Also, what kind of stuff do you like to buy with coupons?
Do you have any favorite coupons or tips for us???

Last edited:
S

Siberian_Khatru

Don't use 'em, but I believe I can get quite a collection going if I hit up the right online sites.

HURRAY FOR SPAM!!

C

Cheyenne

Do not use coupons hardly ever. I shop the cheap stores. My kids call me miss generic. LOL

I

iraasuup

Coupons aren't really the done thing here.

Here it's all about store loyalty cards and membership programs. So if you regularly shop at a particular store you can earn points each time you make a purchase. The points then go towards earning you a voucher, or a free item or some such other incentive, exclusive to members only.

Many of them can seem pointless, particularly if you don't spend enough to get the bonuses, but some of them are actually VERY worthwhile. I have a few for stores I regularly buy clothing, shoes, accessories etc from, and I get something nearly every time I'm there, plus special online discounts, and member exclusives etc. Also get good savings at one of my favourite bookstores with membership. Great thing is membership is free. Yes, it does allow them to flood your inbox with their promotions, but that doesn't bother me :)

J

Jullianna

The only coupons I use on a regular basis are Kohl's. When I combine them with Kohl's cash, I can get some pretty good deals.

I am a champion bargain shopper :D, especially for clothes and things for my house. Since I have to dress a certain way for my job I like stores like T J Maxx, Burlington, Tuesday Morning, Gordman's, etc. I've even found quality stuff at Big Lots. These are the dumping grounds for the major department stores and I find things there for about 1/4 the price of the big stores. I watch for clearance sales too. "Clearance" is one of my favorite words.When it comes to clothes, I won't buy anything I can't wear with at least two other outfits or use to create them by mixing/matching. :) I very rarely pay full price for anything. I just completely redecorated one of my bathrooms for $36. :D

I should probably use coupons, but it's very time consuming, isn't it? It's an obsession for some of my friends :) I give them my Sunday papers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Only if I have 1 immediately available.

V

violakat

Don't use 'em, but I believe I can get quite a collection going if I hit up the right online sites.

HURRAY FOR SPAM!!
If you have store cards, check the store out to see if they have online coupons that can be added to your card.

C

CC_Bride

The hubby and I buy an 'Entertainment Book' every year and its excellent. It costs $60 and has over $1000 dollar of savings in it. Usually in the form of 2 for 1 vouchers which is brilliant for date night.

Other than that theres not much of a coupon culture here so you'll never find coupons in the back of magazines of newspapers etc.

I was watching Racheal Ray the other day and she introduced a few women who were from a US program called 'Extreme Couponing' so I looked it up on youtube and it was the scariest thing Id ever seen. Mildly inspirational, which I got very excited about moving to Vancouver knowing the coupon culture is bigger over there. But at the same time the show was incredibly disturbing in that it showed women who clearly had hoarding addictions, but because its given the ugly fake disguise of stewardship people think its ok? And also the fact that these women were obsessed with the image they projected as 'rich'. And enjoyed outbuying other customers a jar of mustard (by buying a few hundred jars) all for the sake of a good deal. It can be used for good but they do it for greed.

Jesus talks about people like that and none of his comments are ever positive.

Last edited:
V

violakat

The hubby and I buy an 'Entertainment Book' every year and its excellent. It costs $60 and has over $1000 dollar of savings in it. Usually in the form of 2 for 1 vouchers which is brilliant for date night.

Other than that theres not much of a coupon culture here so you'll never find coupons in the back of magazines of newspapers etc.

I was watching Racheal Ray the other day and she introduced a few women who were from a US program called 'Extreme Couponing' so I looked it up on youtube and it was the scariest thing Id ever seen. Mildly inspirational, which I got very excited about moving to Vancouver knowing the coupon culture is bigger over there. But at the same time the show was incredibly disturbing in that it showed women who clearly had hoarding addictions, but because its given the ugly fake disguise of stewardship people think its ok? And also the fact that these women were obsessed with the image they projected as 'rich'. And enjoyed outbuying other customers a jar of mustard (by buying a few hundred jars) all for the sake of a good deal. It can be used for good but they do it for greed.

Jesus talks about people like that and none of his comments are ever positive.
From the few excerpts I've seen of the show, it's nothing like reality, when it comes to couponing.

L

Liz01

Cupons are not very common here, i shop when there are discounts or cheap stores.

K

keep_on_smiling

I use them when it's convenient. I don't search magazines for them, I use coupons if I happen to come across them.

Bookstores are a great place to use them and for those of you that may have an android phone, you can sign up to get coupons right on your phone, that way you don't have to print anything or carry papers around. It really works great. Today I bought 10 books for $30 using a coupon.

Online: I use coupons that I find with a google search to get free shipping when using my Snapfish account. I love being able to print my pictures for one cent a piece. :)