Does All kingdoms always mean ALL KINGDOMS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
In Jeremiah 15:4

4 I will hand them over to trouble, to all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, for what he did in Jerusalem.

Were there not kingdoms in other parts of the world? on other continents. Australia, North and South America?

Does earth = #0776 אֶרֶץ 'erets mean the whole earth or just that inhabited region?

Do we need to take into account that this writing is prophet poetry?

Did people of this time even know or think other land masses existed?

Jul 12, 2012
In Jeremiah 15:4

4 I will hand them over to trouble, to all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, for what he did in Jerusalem.

Were there not kingdoms in other parts of the world? on other continents. Australia, North and South America?
Surely.

Does earth = #0776 אֶרֶץ 'erets mean the whole earth or just that inhabited region?
Physically, it means all literal dirt period, but spiritually, it is anywhere man "stands"

Do we need to take into account that this writing is prophet poetry?
I'd say so.

Did people of this time even know or think other land masses existed?
Who knows, but if it's the words of a prophet, it's the words of YHWH, and He certainly knew.

Manasseh did the same things against YHWH that are being done today.
All "earth", all of the spiritual understanding of man, is infected.
All of it's religious "kingdoms" have trouble on the way.

Peace.