Does any one have good counsel for healing strep throat?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

overcomer2

Looking for any wise counsel on healing a very sore throat.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Go to the doctor to get antibiotics prescribed.

Oct 31, 2011
Anything you do to build up your natural defenses against disease helps. Never eat anything that isn't power packed, keep away from most white foods that are highly processed. Be sure your protein is of the best with as little fat as possible, never fried until you are well. Salmon and eggs from chickens as close to free range as possible is best. Eat plenty fresh vegetables, and use lots of herb to flavor. Almost every herb has some healing qualities. Be sure to have some fermented food like yogurt and sauerkraut that isn't processed.

Vitamin C is a great healer, but the body uses only a tiny bit if you take a C pill, and disposes of the rest. Within a half hour it has no more effect for healing, it would take more of the C vitamin. If you buy powered C and use just a bit in all the water you drink, it will keep the C working to heal and not make your kidneys work to handle a lot of excess C. Your body will use the water to help heal, too. Also, it helps to drink lots of green tea.

These things help the body heal, but for strep throat, it really must have a doctor's care, also.

Miss

May 18, 2013
thyme will help, I think they sell thyme lozenges art some health food stores:)

G

gcaro7l

A raw garlic its effective to me. Or try the old fashion gargling with 1/2 tsp salt mixed with warm water. You could also try apple cider vinegar just mixed 1tbsp of it to half cup of warm water, oh the vinegar totally stinks! :rolleyes: but totally works. I hope these helps.

Mar 3, 2013
My son had it and I gave him 4 drops of thieves essential oil in a big glass of water and within hours the pain was much relieved and the redness was going away.