Does anyone else feel like They fail God in everything else they do, Except Reading the Bible, Prayer, and Church related things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 6, 2020
I feel like I fail God if I do anything else other then Read my Bible, Pray, etc. I don’t want to fail My Father, But Idk. I mean...I don’t really do anything Bad (Like I still Sin and repent them). But it just feels like I need to spend time with God in everything. Like I acknowledge he’s always with me and Try to not put anything before him and want to acknowledge God in everything I do. But I just feel like I fail that.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I feel like I fail God if I do anything else other then Read my Bible, Pray, etc. I don’t want to fail My Father, But Idk. I mean...I don’t really do anything Bad (Like I still Sin and repent them). But it just feels like I need to spend time with God in everything. Like I acknowledge he’s always with me and Try to not put anything before him and want to acknowledge God in everything I do. But I just feel like I fail that.
Hi...
I think many of us feel this way if the truth be known , but it also shows us just how unworthy we really are , and reminds us that Jesus died for us because we are nothing without Him...

The evil one will want you to stay in this place , but the best thing to do is carry on reading Scripture , and listen to God , it will help you take your mind off you and keep focused on Him , for He is the lifter of your head , be still before Him , I truly know how you feel , I am in the same boat at the moment , but God has got us...
...xox...

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I fail God. I fail at life. I just fail all the time. Period.

Feb 6, 2020
I fail God. I fail at life. I just fail all the time. Period.
Failure is your greatest successor. The times when you’re struggling the most is when You can be built up in Maturity and spiritually. It’s a amazing time to trust in God’s plan for your life!! Proverbs 3:5 (ESV) “Trust in the lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” But Just trust God man, he’s got a plan. I hope you have a great night/day (wherever you’re from) and I’ll pray for ya man!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I find it productive to counter this mindset with scriptures to the contrary.

Phillipians 4:13 comes to mind.

Sometimes I think I've put all the burden on myself, and of course failure is all but assured. I'm not 100% that it's me doing things in my own power and strength but when I just rest in the fact that "he's got this" it changes my mentality.

"My burden is easy and my yoke is light" ...what does that mean? Obviously what each of us defines as easy & light is going to be different. That's a great starting place when things start seeming hopeless in regard to our own walk.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I feel this most of the time. I think a lot of it has come somewhat (subconsciously) from Christian culture. If we are not careful, we can get into performance mode, have heavy expectations set on ourselves from others in teaching positions. I think it takes experience and discernment to recognise it and reject it.