Does anyone have any advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RuthieB

I have been going to this church since I was about seven and am now 16.
I had made some friends at the church there but because my health got worse could not keep up the friendships or attend church. Many years later i try to attend church as much as possible (about once a month) but when I do go to church I feel like a loner. I am very shy in social situations and am not good at started conversation but the youth have made any attempt to talk to me.

So im stuck in a limbo if I do get up the guts to talk to someone the next time I at church they wont remember me...or remember me as the social idiot. Or if I wait for them to make the first move that could mean ages what on something that might never happen.
Any advice?

R

RuthieB

So as I said in my other thread im a 'social idiot'. I can only rest in the knowledge that, that is how God made me!!

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
First, don't call yourself a 'social idiot'. Such negative thinking is not healthy. The more you proclaim to be it, the more you'll be acting like one, it's called self-fulfilling prophecy. Secondly, just make an attempt to talk to them. There might be some friendly bunch there that are interested in interacting with you but are also reserved like you. So just give it a go. :)

S

Semaj

I have been going to this church since I was about seven and am now 16.
I had made some friends at the church there but because my health got worse could not keep up the friendships or attend church. Many years later i try to attend church as much as possible (about once a month) but when I do go to church I feel like a loner. I am very shy in social situations and am not good at started conversation but the youth have made any attempt to talk to me.

So im stuck in a limbo if I do get up the guts to talk to someone the next time I at church they wont remember me...or remember me as the social idiot. Or if I wait for them to make the first move that could mean ages what on something that might never happen.
Any advice?
I would ask that you read the following slowly and thoughtfully quite a few times please.

First remember that the church are those who follow Jesus not a building.

If there is no love shown to those on the edge of the assemblage do they really follow Jesus?

If they don't really follow Jesus and you do then could and would you be a lamp on a hill?

What I am saying is first make sure your own house ordered on the right foundation and then have walk in faith as everything else will be added. You'll find the confidence to approach people too for the licks of a flame are not easily tamed.

Luk 12:23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Luk 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
Luk 12:25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
Luk 12:26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
Luk 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Luk 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
Luk 12:30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
Luk 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

D

DavEtheBravE

No your not a soicially idot God never designed you tht way but you are so very special in your father eyes even though ur shy which ok be youeslf and dont worry about others your loved and cared for regardless what happens OK

W

wwjd_kilden

Being an introvert myself I know the feeling. Like Semaj said, if they follow Christs teaching they should welcome you even if you don't run over and start talking. (There will of course be people there who are shy too and don't talk to strangers.).

You don't have to come up with some magnificent topic and start a conversation, a smile and nod can be enough for someone to realize they are standing next to someone who is new (if they have been there themselves for some time), maybe that can get you started?