Does becomming a christian mean you have to break up with ur bf

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cc11

We've been dating a while and love each other very much.

I have decided to become a Christian and follow Jesus.

I have told my partner about this and he is extremely supportive. I told him that the Lord will always be number 1 and he's fine with that and understands.... He says he wouldn't want to ever want to come between thatt. he offered me a bible and to take me to church. And said he'll come with me. Basically that he'll always suppoert and encourage me. And would ask me to do something im not confortable with (such as premarital sex)

he aslo said that he doesnt know if he'll ever become a christoian. He said "maybe, maybe not, who knows". He is open to the idea he might become christian one day.
I know i cant change him, only God... So im not going to try force him.

He was brought up in a very christian home so knows alot about christianity and he was oncee a christian in primary school but he said it faded once he got into high schooling.

My question is. What to do?
Should I wait a while to see if he changed?
Break up?
Or try wittness to him? (I don't really know how to do that yet)

please pray for me :)

C

cc11

the bit about premarital sex - i missed a word. It meant to say he'll never do that :)

M

mac6375

Well, simply put, why are you in a relationship? To me, it seems like the only reason to really be with someone is that you may marry that person, and the bible is clear that a christian can not marry a non-christian. You should definitely witness to him, never doubt that. I'd also advise you to seek good christian counsel from people who are in Godly relationships at your church, if you currently attend one.

J

Jullianna

Since you are a new believer, it might be helpful to read Matthew Chapter 10. Jesus was telling the disciples that they must put Him above all others, including immediate family members.

While an unbelieving bf/gf/spouse can be supportive of our faith, they can often expect things of us that we cannot do/be around as believers, and that can mean much more than premarital sex. Time and time again the scriptures warn about being drawn from our faith by unbelievers. It was the downfall of Israel on many occasions and it still happens today.

Your bf may come to the Lord soon or he may not. Perhaps you should closely guard your heart, not allow the relationship to progress further, and see if he does invite Jesus into his life. If not, then you will know that he is not the one the Lord has chosen for you, at least not as long as he is not a christian.

Our prayers are with you. Stay strong. God bless :)