Does God forgives sins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
Sometimes the sinner is sorry but keeps on living in sin

When they do that, their sins are NOT forgiven
If the sinner keeps on living in sin have they truly repented?

There is a sin the Lord Jesus talks about that will never be forgiven in this world or the next and that is blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

Can you please help me to understand this... To blasphemy the Holy Spirit does that mean to deny the spirit?
Many thanks all 🥰

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

There is a sin the Lord Jesus talks about that will never be forgiven in this world or the next and that is blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

Can you please help me to understand this... To blasphemy the Holy Spirit does that mean to deny the spirit?
Many thanks all 🥰
Many say blasphemy cannot be committed in today's day and age or that only a believer can commit such a sin, but I disagree, since unbelief is the only reason why anyone will pass out of life at the end of this age following the resurrection of all and the final judgment. Those who do not believe deny the work of the Holy Spirit of God in their life, convicting them of sin, which would be part of the process of drawing them unto God. I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because they do not believe in Me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see Me; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world has been condemned. From John 16.

Jesus' Words in John 8:23b plus 24b

Dec 29, 2023

No, they have not repented is they keep living in sin.

And if they die in that condition without having repented and turned away from their sin, they will not go to Heaven.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If one commits blasphemy the Holy Spirit, then they HAVE denied the Lord and His Holy Spirit and they will not be saved in the end. They are done.

The Word of God tells us of another sin that is not forgiven which is obviously blasphemy the Holy Spirit and that is taking the mark of the beast:

Revelation 14:9-11
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If ANY MAN worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Since Jesus said the only sin not forgivable is blaspheming the Holy Ghost (Matthew 12:31), some claim this means if a Christian takes the mark of the beast which includes worshiping the beast they will still go to Heaven.

Jesus specifically tells us in Revelation 14:9-11 that taking the mark of the beast will in fact send one to hell so it's very obvious that Jesus considers taking the mark of the beast to be blaspheming the Holy Ghost, and here's why:

1 Corinthians 6:19,20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Romans 12:1,2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

A Christians has NO right to turn away from the Lord and submit themselves and their body to the beast by taking his mark which is to be in agreement with the beast which is worship unto the beast.

Those taking the mark of the beast are in fact blaspheming the Holy Ghost and those that say it is not are considering what Jesus said in Revelation 14:9-11 to be a lie.

Things never end well for those that think Jesus lied and think they can go their own way and do their own will while rejecting His will for their lives.

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
No, they have not repented is they keep living in sin.

And if they die in that condition without having repented and turned away from their sin, they will not go to Heaven.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If one commits blasphemy the Holy Spirit, then they HAVE denied the Lord and His Holy Spirit and they will not be saved in the end. They are done.

The Word of God tells us of another sin that is not forgiven which is obviously blasphemy the Holy Spirit and that is taking the mark of the beast:

Revelation 14:9-11
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If ANY MAN worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Since Jesus said the only sin not forgivable is blaspheming the Holy Ghost (Matthew 12:31), some claim this means if a Christian takes the mark of the beast which includes worshiping the beast they will still go to Heaven.

Jesus specifically tells us in Revelation 14:9-11 that taking the mark of the beast will in fact send one to hell so it's very obvious that Jesus considers taking the mark of the beast to be blaspheming the Holy Ghost, and here's why:

1 Corinthians 6:19,20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Romans 12:1,2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

A Christians has NO right to turn away from the Lord and submit themselves and their body to the beast by taking his mark which is to be in agreement with the beast which is worship unto the beast.

Those taking the mark of the beast are in fact blaspheming the Holy Ghost and those that say it is not are considering what Jesus said in Revelation 14:9-11 to be a lie.

Things never end well for those that think Jesus lied and think they can go their own way and do their own will while rejecting His will for their lives.
Is this like JW's?
I work with a JW she tells me she believes in God the Father and that Jesus Christ was his son but she doesn't believe Jesus was risen and she don't believe in the Holy Spirit. Its very sad to hear her say these things. I always pray for her to know the truth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is this like JW's?
I work with a JW she tells me she believes in God the Father and that Jesus Christ was his son but she doesn't believe Jesus was risen and she don't believe in the Holy Spirit. Its very sad to hear her say these things. I always pray for her to know the truth.
JWs deny the divinity of Christ, and say He did not rise physically, but only spiritually.

Dec 29, 2023
Is this like JW's?

JW's are not born again Christians.

They are a cult that twists God's Word so unless you study and become very aware of the errors the JWs teach and are able to counter them with the Word of God, it's a good idea to not talk about the Lord with them.

If you search the net, there are ministries out there who specialize in ministering to the JWs so they would have a lot of useful information to learn from.

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
JW's are not born again Christians.

They are a cult that twists God's Word so unless you study and become very aware of the errors the JWs teach and are able to counter them with the Word of God, it's a good idea to not talk about the Lord with them.

If you search the net, there are ministries out there who specialize in ministering to the JWs so they would have a lot of useful information to learn from.
When she first started working with me she would always bring the conversation to God but now she just leaves me alone 😊
Are Mormons a cult?