Does god hate dogs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Oblio

You can say that again...as I'm sure you will! Lol

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I use to be fond of dogs, but I’m not quite sure anymore. Everywhere I go it’s people and their dogs. Maybe I am just annoyed.

Oct 1, 2021
I was thinking about it and you know those little dogs that bark and bark? He may hate them.
If you kick it and it catches air, it’s a rat.

Of course, if it kicks you and you go airborne, it’s a horse.

Joking, of course.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I use to be fond of dogs, but I’m not quite sure anymore. Everywhere I go it’s people and their dogs. Maybe I am just annoyed.
Pet ownership increased during COVID lockdowns...

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Sister MeadowFlowe ( Rev 4:5-9 and Rev 19:11 If God hates animals of any kind why would he have them around his own throne?? LOL I love Dogs to sis! I cannot tell you he has them around the throne,but I do sure know he does not hate them!!( Genisis 1:24-25) If God hated animals why would he create them in the first place?? HUMM?? LOL Tell them that!

Nov 19, 2021
Sister MeadowFlowe ( Rev 4:5-9 and Rev 19:11 If God hates animals of any kind why would he have them around his own throne?? LOL I love Dogs to sis! I cannot tell you he has them around the throne,but I do sure know he does not hate them!!( Genisis 1:24-25) If God hated animals why would he create them in the first place?? HUMM?? LOL Tell them that!
My friends arguments were that God created wolf, but man created domestic dogs by selectively breeding wolves. He also said that dogs couldn't be God's creation because scientists just found out that its likely that they all have canine Williams syndrome.

O

Oblio

I think the dog is really the Anti-God!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
My friends arguments were that God created wolf, but man created domestic dogs by selectively breeding wolves. He also said that dogs couldn't be God's creation because scientists just found out that its likely that they all have canine Williams syndrome.
Why is selective breeding unbiblical? I briefly scanned an article about the syndrome but the 2nd was paid and a long abstract isn't to my taste at present (though perhaps later)...Also, I realize I'm putting a good bit of time into this but I've definitely thought that dogs were "unnatural" before and it does bother me deep down on some level but sometimes what is really bothering me is difficult to pinpoint and I latch onto something that is a bit to "sweeping" or unilateral and that can be unintentionally disingenuous.

I see that there is "new research" but don't wolf cubs exhibit similar tendencies? Does not stunted maturation by domestication play a role? Seems like it would. Like social deficits when a child is homeschooled and doesn't interact with other children ever really. Sort of reminds me of that one film where they lived in a bomb shelter until he was an adult (think it was Brendan Frasier.)

Arguments can be made against genetic engineering in a laboratory setting but selective breeding is done with a lot more than just dogs. I could look up examples to be specific but at least people do this with foxes as well as far as behavior is concerned.

You could even say that all zoos essentially do this when they don't sterilize their animals and animals are born in captivity.

There are lots of different wild dogs than just wolves btw...dingos and coyotes come to mind.

What does your friend think a mule is? Does the bible say "thou shalt not breed a mule?" It's true that you aren't supposed to mix fabrics in the OT law and it's possible that there is a law about not breeding things that are obviously of different "kinds" (think something may be knocking around in my subconscious about that).

But that would be probably referring to a cow and a horse...not something that is a cousin of sorts like cat/cat or dog/dog. To my knowledge no breeding experiment in modern science has been successful with different "kinds"...and with artificial methods, I'm sure it has been tried MANY times without sharing findings for failed experiments. "That" sort of thing feels like "tampering" to me...using artificial methods in place of a stud seems fine (probably safer too) but not cross-species experiments.

Otherwise we'd have to say that Savannah cats are also an abomination or even ligers.

This poster put it quite well:

I don’t believe humans have ever “invented” anything. Rather, we have discovered what God already created in the beginning. How can anyone claim that man created dogs by taming wolves if God had not made it possible for wolves to be tamed? How can anyone claim man created steel if God had not worked the properties of iron just so?
The system allowed for something and it was sort of like "hidden content". Steel is an excellent example. It doesn't occur naturally, neither do a LOT of technological advancements today so are they also wrong? We didn't invent dogs, we innovated the wild dog family (wolves, dingos, coyotes, etc.).

That's how I feel about some chemical discoveries as well, when something is naturally occurring in nature and the chemical process to create it is "discovered". Most man-made stuff (as in no trace amounts occur in nature) I'm not too pleased with and some innovations aren't great but to suggest that it is all bad is unreasonable.

As far as I understand (and it is mostly lost to historic knowledge)...people didn't "domesticate" dogs except that wolves can be tamed "a tad" with food. Humans were a source of food supply and these wolves "went soft" over generations. They ward off predators and are good for hunting. Not "too" much different from falconry in the earlier stages I imagine. I doubt many people felt like they were "tampering" with God's creation. Seems a very useful tool for human survival.

If they didn't attempt to tame them a wild dog is a nuisance and a threat. They can attack humans and specifically children for food. I don't think we apologize for improvising.

I can understand being against puppy mills, most of that is sick and disturbing.

On the plus side though, you can attempt to tame wild dogs but I imagine it'd be something like a feral cat that you leave food out for. You "might" develop a bond and be able to "dog whisper" it at some point and get to see the "raw dog" in the original design sans innovation. That would be pretty cool to be fair and I'd be interested in that personally if I had the proper set/setting but if I want to go "Original" or "old school" to see the Lord in that, that doesn't give me license to look down or tell other people they are wrong when there are so many variables to consider. You do you :)

O

Oblio

I think dogs would be better if they had mute buttons on them. Or perhaps on/off switches.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
LOL ask him what man did that sis. Adam named all animals, so what man was around to create anything before Adam ?? LOL Your friend is in error sis, believe God's Word, not man.( Isaiah 2:22, and Psalm 146:3-4) In the end sis it is your choice who to believe.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I think dogs would be better if they had mute buttons on them. Or perhaps on/off switches.
Filter out useless untranslatable bark button ;)

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Ask your friend if they drink tap water. If so, she should stop because it's been "tweaked" by man...chemicals added and all that. She better go find a natural stream to drink out of or dig herself a well (but don't treat it! that's a man made thing!)

Ask if they eat bread or any other "processed" foods. If so, she better stop because it's NOT the same wheat that our biblical ancestors knew. Nope, it's been genetically modified and are no longer God's original creation. She's going to have to find some heirloom seeds and grow her own veggies and skip out on grains and meats (unless she hunts, her meat is likely going to come from a domesticated animal).

Tell her she can't have food from the grocery store or tap water because God didn't create those things. :LOL:

O

Oblio

I try not to think about how many times the glass of water that I am drinking has been drank before...o_O:eek::sick:,,,Lol!