Does God need our help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Is God in control? We know that nothing happens without God allowing it to happen. So why do we fret and worry so much about the "state of things?"

Why don't we get as energized about preaching the gospel as we do about what those evil liberals, or those evil conservatives have done or are doing? Does God really need our help to set things right, or can we trust Him?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its a sin to worry
so don't do it, surely you got better things to do

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Does God really need our help to set things right, or can we trust Him?
No, God does not need our help. By the same token, He expects His people to be salt and light, which means to expose the corruption and darkness which exists. And to stem the tide of evil with the Gospel. So, while we are trusting Him, God is trusting us to do our part.

Also, there is NO EQUIVALENCE between Marxist Leftists (determined to destroy everything) and conservatives and patriots (striving to maintain liberty and justice). The Left does not believe in compromise, and that should be quite evident by now.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
No, God does not need our help. By the same token, He expects His people to be salt and light, which means to expose the corruption and darkness which exists. And to stem the tide of evil with the Gospel. So, while we are trusting Him, God is trusting us to do our part.

Also, there is NO EQUIVALENCE between Marxist Leftists (determined to destroy everything) and conservatives and patriots (striving to maintain liberty and justice). The Left does not believe in compromise, and that should be quite evident by now.
Hi Nehemiah6. Yes, I totally agree we should be salt and light. But what does that mean? What's the one thing we have that the world doesn't, and needs more than anything? Answer: The Good News.

"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by people."—Matthew 5:13

If, by our actions, we become just like the world, slugging it out with our political opponents, we've become just like them; we've lost our saltiness. Why not look for more ways to share the Good News instead?

I'm not saying we shouldn't vote or understand the issues. All I'm saying is why be just like the world?

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Is God in control? We know that nothing happens without God allowing it to happen. So why do we fret and worry so much about the "state of things?"

Why don't we get as energized about preaching the gospel as we do about what those evil liberals, or those evil conservatives have done or are doing? Does God really need our help to set things right, or can we trust Him?
people have free will... they do the evil.. not God..

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

We can trust Him to do what He says He will do. And, honoring His gift of free will to mankind is one of those things He will honor. I do not worry if God is in charge, I know He is, however, I reserve the right to worry where mankinds free will comes into play.

As well, the majority of instances I read of in Scripture reveals that God chooses to work THROUGH a chosen servant to accomplish His will. Meaning that there must be an obedient servant of God willing to take up the charge God has placed upon them to accomplish what He desires to accomplish.

As well, my greatest worry/concern is how far from Gods will the Church today has strayed.