Does God speak to us through our dreams?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tahliaa

Hi :) I was just wondering If God still speaks to people through their dreams today? Or is it just a thing of the past? I want to know because I had quite a beautiful and realistic dream last night that I've been thinking about all day... I know it's kind of a strange question... But someone please help!

U

Ugly

I think He does, but i also think that the large majority of Christians who think it has happened to them are wrong. People assume that because a dream is spiritual in nature, or just has a lingering effect it must be from God. It doesn't matter that it is never confirmed to be from God. Personally, if i were you, i'd just pray about it, keep it to yourself and don't focus on it. If its from God just pray God will confirm it. But otherwise i wouldn't jump to conclusions. Or make an issue out of it.
I've had plenty of dreams that lingered. I've had friends who have had the affects of dreams stick with them for days that ended up nothing. Dreams are when we process events and thoughts in our lives. Sometimes those may have powerful feelings that are brought out in us, and those feelings may stick with us a while. So be careful when you apply something as being 'from God' that can't be easily confirmed as such.

And on a side note, you will want to pick a bigger font, or a stronger color. The font is too small for the lightness of the color and makes it a bit hard to read.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
yes God does speak to us through dreams

T

tahliaa

Thanks so much! That's wonderful advice and it makes a lot of sense :) I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question :) have a fantastic day today - you deserve it! God Bless
Ps thanks for the font tip!