DOES HUMAN NATURE VANISH AS SOON AS WE ARE BORN AGAIN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hoffco

Good morning to all, To must of you, Good evening/afternoon. I will add to Just-us-2 All"born again" christians have two natures. We don't lost our old nature,spiritual or physical, when God gives us the new birth, it is a spiritual birth , a new spiritual nature is put inside us; this is why we still fight temptation and sin. the human nature consists of two parts, the body and the spirit/soul. This is very basic to the Bible teaching. At phy. death the body dies but the spirit/soul go back to God,Heaven or Hell, never dies. Obviously Cobus doesn't believe like most christians do. We just went to the funeral of a good friend who claimed to be saved ,yet he had very similar views as Cobus. He was an "Apostolic" christian . He didn't explain things exactly as Cobus does. But, when he prayed to the "Father Jesus", I had to ask him never to come back to our church again. We remained good friends but we never saw eye to eye. He believed in only ONE person in the Godhood. He didn't believe the soul lived after the body died. Cobus are you "Apostolic"? A dictionary is basic to studying the Bible. but the Bible was not written according to mr.Webster. The Bible has several meanings for the word "call". 1. a call to act in a certain way Mt.22:14 "many are called ,but few are chosen" NOT all persons who hear God's word will be saved; God will only save His "elect" Romans 8-11 tells the whole story of who will be saved. 2. an effectual call, that saves, makes alive In 1Cor. 1 the word call is only used as for those who are saved by God's effectual call = The new birth, born of the spirit. see 1Cor 1:1-31 I will quote only, 1:26-27 "So you see your calling brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not man mighty, not many noble,are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world..." and v.30"..of Him you are in Christ Jesus," 3. as your vocation, calling 1Cor. 7:20 "..remain in the calling (state) in which He called you"(saved you) The Webster dict. has all the meanings of call. These 3 are listed. To get the exact meaning of a word in the Bible, we must study each passage in which the word is used and check the context, The context gives us the the particular meaning the author intends. The word "flesh has three meaning: 1. the human body, the sinful nature, and a soft substance ,as a heart of flesh. Eze.36:26-27 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." ( TWO MEANING FOR "FLESH") IN THE NEW BIRTH GOD PUT INTO OUR HEART THE ABILITY TO BE MOLDED TO HIS LAWS, He doesn't take our heart out,He just makes it soft ;Therefore, the desire to sin is not remove from our heart, our hearts are refocused on and by His Spirit He puts into us, this causes us to trust and obey God and gain eternal life. this is called a"new heart." The is called "the new man" as opposed to "the old man", as in Eph.4:22-24 "That you put off.. the old man which grows corrupt..and put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." ( the new birth restores the image of God, which Adam lost for us,) see also Col.3:9-10 "true knowledge of God" (We are not in the image of God until we are born again) NOW, Rom.6:6 gives another side to this "heart" issue:"... our old man was crucified with Him," (potentially not actually) that the body of sin might be done away with,(not yet totally gone) that we should no longer be slaves of sin." (but not perfectly, until the death of our body, only after death, will we be) "spirits of just men make perfect" in Heaven. Heb. 12:23