Does it bother you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Myberson9

Hey, I like watching tv, when I have nothing to do, and I've taken caren of my Christian duties. What I want to know is that, does it bother you when your watching a good show and they misuse that great 3 lettered word GOD. I like iCarly, but seriously they say God every 2 lines. Will writers find a better line than, Oh my ***, I swear to ***, like am I the only one bothered about this?

N

Narn

Number 1. you watch Icarly? haha!(Sorry)
2 Yes it bothers me to no end I pretty much do not watch Tv anymore.

M

Myberson9

I watch cartoons, and non offensive shows, haha.

M

Myberson9

The thing is they do it everywhere we go. Work, store, market, everywhere.
Should we throw a deaf ear here or there or should we protest until our lungs are burned.

N

Narn

Of course we can protest.In my experience the cursing is only a reaction to their sinfulness.
It will never end though unfortunately till Jesus returns. But we can be a witness to them by not talking like them.

M

Myberson9

true, it gets annoyin real quick though

M

Melleah

Yes, it bothers me.

M

Myberson9

I mean can't the writers get just a little bit more creative, every show has the same line. WOW, thats really unbelievable and sad!

W

Woman4Christ

I can't watch a show that says God's name in vain. It is breaking a ten commandment. It is like I am breaking the commandment if I stand by and let it happen. I really love God and want HIM to be honored.

A

Amy81986

It does bother me too. Every show you watch has something that could be offensive to a christian. I just want to know why are there not any christian Tv shows that people can watch.

M

Myberson9

I feel you Woman4Christ, and yea Amy, mayb Christians should have more shows, more sitcoms

W

Woman4Christ

Can you stand by and watch shows with sexual inuendos and graphic scenes? It is starting to get to me too

A

Amy81986

i just dont enjoy movies that have sexual scenes in them.

D

dietolive

yes it bothers me .....thats why i dont turn on the TV. someone once said do i live under a rock!! so i guess im living under a rock because i dont watch tvshows/movies/ listen to music of this world... but there are movies out there that do have a message about god in them... everything i do in my life has to glorify god. let not my will be done but gods will!

W

Woman4Christ

That is really good. Paul says that the flesh walks after things of the flesh. However, the Spirit desires things of the Spirit.

S

southgal

I WATCH A HUGE AMOUNT OF TV, AND A LOT OF MOVIES. IT BOTHERS ME WHEN THEY USE GODS NAME THAT WAY. I HEAR IT SO MUCH ON A DAILY BASIS, AND NOT JUST FROM TV AND MOVIES,BUT FROM THE PEOPLE I COME IN CONTACT WITH AT WORK AND OUTSIDE OF WORK, THAT I AM BEGINNING TO NOT NOTICE IT AS MUCH. EVEN THOUGH I DON'T NOTICE IT AS MUCH AS I USED TO, I STILL DON'T BREAK GODS COMMANDMENT. I GUESS I HAVE JUST COME TO A POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE I REALIZE THAT OTHERS BREAKING ALL 10 OF THE COMMANDMENTS IS JUST A PART OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN TODAY.

R

RODR

It bothers me, so I watch Drake and Josh instead of iCarly.

N

NoTearsShed

Yes , Yes it does it REALLY annoys me especially when they say Holy something.
I remember i told someone on a site called neopets not to use his name in vain.... i got lots of nasty replies in that board >_>
Stupid rude sticks, Y_Y

M

Melleah

I have a bad habit of saying "Holy <fill in the blank>". I'm trying to catch myself when I do it so I'll stop. I was able to stop myself from saying the Lord's name in vain, though. :) I won't even type "omg" when I text or chat.

S

SandStorm

It used to bother me big time but then I found the coolest thing ever. The next channel button on my remote :p. Seriously I am not into tv in the first place and that kinda stuff doesn't help. I'd rather sit around jamming with the guys than watch that kinda junk