Does the Bible support the idea of a spinning ball earth flying through space, or is that a Satanic, Masonic lie?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2022
Okay. Now...

Do you realize that the Bible tells us that it never rained upon the earth until the flood?

At the end of Creation Week, no "cloud and storm system" existed yet - and did not exist until the flood.

Therefore, the water above cannot be a "cloud and storm system" - it had to be something else.
i realize that but it rains now, doesn't it?

water falls and then is evaporated back between the 2 bodies of water

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
i realize that but it rains now, doesn't it?

water falls and then is evaporated back between the 2 bodies of water
It is critical to understand that it did not exist during Creation Week. Because, what it is referring to did exist during Creation Week.

The 'division'/'space' was real. The waters-below and waters-above was real.

So - the waters above are something else other than a cloud system.

Jun 20, 2022
It is critical to understand that it did not exist during Creation Week. Because, what it is referring to did exist during Creation Week.

The 'division'/'space' was real. The waters-below and waters-above was real.

So - the waters above are something else other than a cloud system.
no it is not because that Water was factually divided and is up there even if it never ever ever rains.

it is still there divided!

even if it doesn't rain, the water protects from the Sun, provides atmospheric differences, actually is the literal ozone layer we have.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
no it is not because that Water was factually divided and is up there even if it never ever ever rains.
Now we are getting somewhere... :)

it is still there divided!
Yes - even to this day - it is still divided and "up there"... (y)

even if it doesn't rain, the water protects from the Sun, provides atmospheric differences, actually is the literal ozone layer we have.
Does the Ball Earth model include a 'shell' of water above-and-around the earth high above and outside of the atmosphere/clouds/weather system? (that would have existed from Creation Week even until today)

Is the 'ozone layer' made of ozone or water?

Jun 20, 2022
Does the Ball Earth model include a 'shell' of water above-and-around the earth high above and outside of the atmosphere/clouds/weather system? (that would have existed from Creation Week even until today)
to have an Ozone Layer, even science knows it is there and can be observable or they could not name it. it can be physically seen but not easily recognized. but when you think of atmospheric pressure, differences, even condensation, it's protection 100%
Is the 'ozone layer' made of ozone or water?
we know at least one part is definitely water.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
to have an Ozone Layer, even science knows it is there and can be observable or they could not name it. it can be physically seen but not easily recognized. but when you think of atmospheric pressure, differences, even condensation, it's protection 100%

we know at least one part is definitely water.
So, you believe that God separated water-from-water and then turned the upper water into ozone?

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Here is a quick summary of what Genesis 1 says about the 'firmament' (from post #328 in this thread):

Genesis 1.

The firmament separates the waters above the firmament from the waters below the firmament. (verse 7)

God called the firmament Heaven. (verse 8)

The waters below the firmament are the seas. (verses 9-10)

God set the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament. (verses 16-17)

The birds fly in the 'open firmament of heaven'. (verse 20)

~

Do you see all of what God placed in the 'firmament' after He created it to separate the waters-above from the waters-below?

That means there is water above all of these things as well as water below all of these things.

This means that there is water above the sun, moon, and stars.

Jun 20, 2022
Here is a quick summary of what Genesis 1 says about the 'firmament' (from post #328 in this thread):

Genesis 1.

The firmament separates the waters above the firmament from the waters below the firmament. (verse 7)

The waters below the firmament are the seas. (verses 9-10)

The birds fly in the 'open firmament of heaven'. (verse 20)

~

Do you see all of what God placed in the 'firmament' after He created it to separate the waters-above from the waters-below?

That means there is water above all of these things as well as water below all of these things.

This means that there is water above the sun, moon, and stars.
firmament comes from the Greek Septuagint so i know that is not the correct term.
Verse 20 literally reads like this in Hebrew Torah:
20 And God said, "Let the waters swarm a swarming of living creatures, and let fowl fly over the earth, across the expanse of the heavens."

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Verse 20 literally reads like this in Hebrew Torah:
20 And God said, "Let the waters swarm a swarming of living creatures, and let fowl fly over the earth, across the expanse of the heavens."
Which is precisely what 'open firmament of heaven' means.

'firmament' = 'expanse'

'open firmament of heaven' = "across the expanse" + "over the earth" (1st heaven + 2nd heaven)

The birds fly "in" the firmament - which is the 'open space' between the waters-below and the waters-above.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
So, you believe that God separated water-from-water and then turned the upper water into ozone?
Do you see that the 'ozone layer' would have to be on the other side of the sun, moon, and stars from the earth?

And, in fact - "above Heaven":
(Which, of course, is/would be talking about the 1st and 2nd heaven - 'atmosphere' + the place beyond where the sun, moon, and stars are...)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I did not even look at this post until I was notified you had mentioned me in it. IF you say this thread is bad, you are a person I respect. and will ask Admin to look at it. I am not able to remove threads anymore :)
i just see that it has nothing at all to do with scripture. it not Bible Discussion in the slightest, it's 100% conspiracy theory, and there's a dedicated section exactly for this kind of diversion.

didn't realize you do not have those rights anymore, cheers

Jun 20, 2022
Do you see that the 'ozone layer' would have to be on the other side of the sun, moon, and stars from the earth?

And, in fact - "above Heaven":

(Which, of course, is/would be talking about the 1st and 2nd heaven - 'atmosphere' + the place beyond where the sun, moon, and stars are...)
No, the Ozone has be connected to Earth or it would be part of Space.

the Layer begins around 6 k feet above sea level and goes up to around 30 k feet. that's where birds fly, majority small birds, maybe an eagle, definitely a condor, could go higher mile wise a Condor might hit the ozone...but we fly commercial jets at 32 k just above the Ozone layer.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
No, the Ozone has be connected to Earth or it would be part of Space.

the Layer begins around 6 k feet above sea level and goes up to around 30 k feet. that's where birds fly, majority small birds, maybe an eagle, definitely a condor, could go higher mile wise a Condor might hit the ozone...but we fly commercial jets at 32 k just above the Ozone layer.
I am just trying to keep you reminded so that you will keep yourself "grounded" in scripture. Anything in our "reality" that does not match what scripture says is a 'red flag' - to be questioned and reconsidered. Anything that is not in alignment with scripture is "suspect"...

And, I did not say that scripture must be aligned with "reality" - I said that "reality" must be aligned with scripture. ;)

If we are to hold the truth of scripture above everything else in the world - then, we must take this approach - period.

Jun 20, 2022
I am just trying to keep you reminded so that you will keep yourself "grounded" in scripture. Anything in our "reality" that does not match what scripture says is a 'red flag' - to be questioned and reconsidered. Anything that is not in alignment with scripture is "suspect"...

And, I did not say that scripture must be aligned with "reality" - I said that "reality" must be aligned with scripture. ;)

If we are to hold the truth of scripture above everything else in the world - then, we must take this approach - period.
so far, i have matched what God said.

birds fly in the expanse, which is between water above and water below.

the ozone layer is the basic cut off to where the birds can fly height wise.

that leaves the space between sea and ozone layer called expanse.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
so far, i have matched what God said.
I must disagree.

birds fly in the expanse, which is between water above and water below.

the ozone layer is the basic cut off to where the birds can fly height wise.

that leaves the space between sea and ozone layer called expanse.
God said He put the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament. So, ozone becomes a moot point. And, what is left [to answer] is - what is the water-above?

The water-above, by definition of scripture, is on the other side of the sun, moon, and stars from the earth.

In other words, the sun, moon, and stars are between the seas (water-below, on the earth) and the water-above.

Jun 20, 2022
I must disagree.

God said He put the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament. So, ozone becomes a moot point. And, what is left [to answer] is - what is the water-above?

The water-above, by definition of scripture, is on the other side of the sun, moon, and stars from the earth.

In other words, the sun, moon, and stars are between the seas (water-below, on the earth) and the water-above.
but you err in the concept of Expanse. before, it was just between water and water. Now, God is using a PLURAL form of HEAVENS to show where He placed the Moon and Sun.

So the Moon and Sun is beyond Earth.

***the Torah's I am using are FREE from contamination by either the Septuagint or the Masoretic Text***

This is as close to what Moses factually wrote as it can ever get:

1st Torah
6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water."
7 And God made the expanse and it separated between the water that was below the expanse and the water that was above the expanse, and it was so.
NOW LOOK AT VERSE 8:
8 And God called the expanse Heaven, and it was evening, and it was morning, a second day.
^
Notice Singular HEAVEN in Verse 8:

Now, look at the Verse 14 that shows the Sun and Moon:
14 And God said, "Let there be luminaries in the expanse of the heavens, to separate between the day and between the night, and they shall be for signs and for appointed seasons and for days and years.
NOTICE IN VERSE 14 HEAVEN IS NOW PLURAL = HEAVEN[[]]

Verse 17:
17 And God placed them
in the expanse of the heavens to shed light upon the earth.

2nd Torah

8 And God called the expanse Heaven.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens..

17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens.

3rd Torah
u·iqra and·he-is-calling אֱהִ ים aleim Elohim לָ רָ קִ יעַ l·rqio to·the·atmosphere שָׁ מָ יִ ם shâmeh heaven וַיְ הִ י u·iei and·he-is-becoming ־ - עֶרֶ ב orb evening 8 וַיְ הִ י u·iei and·he-is-becoming ־ - בֹ קֶ ר bqr morning י ם ium day שֵׁ נִ י shni second : :

u·iamr and·he-is-saying אֱהִ ים aleim Elohim יְ הִ י iei he-shall-become מְ אֹ רֹ ת marth luminaries בִּ רְ קִ יעַ b·rqio in·atmosphere-of הַ שָּׁ מַ יִ ם shâmayim the·heavens . 14 לְ הַ בְ דִּ יל l·ebdil to·to-cseparate-of בֵּ ין bin between הַ יּ ם e·ium the·day וּבֵ ין u·bin and·between הַ לָּ יְ לָ ה e·lile the·night וְ הָ יוּ u·eiu and·they-become לְ אֹ תֹ ת l·athth for·signs וּלְ מ עֲדִ ים u·l·muodim and·for·appointments וּלְ יָמִ ים u·l·imim and·for·days וְ שָׁ נִ ים u·shnim and·years : :

u·ithn and·he-is-giving אֹ תָ ם ath·m »·them אֱהִ ים aleim Elohim בִּ רְ קִ יעַ b·rqio in·atmosphere-of הַ שָּׁ מָ יִ ם shâmayim the·heavens לְ הָ אִ יר l·eair to·to-cgive-light-of עַ ל ol on ־ 17 הָ אָ רֶ ץ e·artz the·earth : :

^
this really gives us a real good look here.

Verse 8: shâmeh heaven <SINGULAR HEAVEN>

Verse 14: shâmayim the heaven(s) <PLURAL HEAVENS>

Verse 17: shâmayim the heaven(s) <PLURAL HEAVENS>

NOTICE the WORD is different shâmeh for Singular Heaven and shâmayim for Plural Heaven((s))

So, by using the truest possible Text available, it shows us a difference between the Earth's Heaven [singular] and beyond Earth's Heaven into the Heavens [plural].

Clearly, the Sun, is well past the Earth's atmosphere and into another atmosphere referred to as the Heavenssssssssssssssssssss

Jun 20, 2022
btw, was quickly flipping thru the pages of this thread and noticed someone i haven't seen online in awhile.

Oyster, hasn't been online since June 21st.

is our Brother ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.