Does the Bible teach "Penal Substitution"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2011
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

E

eternally-gratefull

Dear eternallygratefull: Where you fail is because you are trusting in Martin Luther.
Scott. I do not follow men. You are. I do not follow Martin Luther. I follow Paul, Peter, James John and Christ.

They are the ONLY men who we can be assured speak from God. Because God put their words in his book.

Funny how you do not look up the words. You do not counter what I said. You point to men who lived hundreds of years ago.

This is a bible discussion forum. Not a history forum. Why are you here if you refuse to discuss what the bible says?

R

RachelBibleStudent

yes the bible teaches penal substitution...in fact penal substitution is the only theory of atonement that actually has any explanatory value...

Nov 23, 2011
Scott. I do not follow men. You

are. I do not follow Martin Luther. I follow Paul, Peter, James

John and Christ.

They are the ONLY men who we can be assured speak from

God. Because God put their words in his book.

Funny how you do not look up the words. You do not counter

what I said. You point to men who lived hundreds of years

ago.

This is a bible discussion forum. Not a history forum. Why are

you here if you refuse to discuss what the bible says?

Dear Eternallygratefull:

Why do you refuse to believe James 2:24? Why do you say "faith

alone", in contradiction to James?

Why do you deny the truth that "faith alone" comes from Martin Luther,

and not from Romans 3:28 and from Saint Paul? Why do you deny

that faith "worketh through love" (Gal. 5:6), and that love is greater

than "faith alone" (1 Cor. 13:13). Everytime I bring up parts of the

Bible that you don't like, it is you who refuses to discuss what the Bible

says!

Strange indeed!

God bless you!

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

PS This is a history forum, because the Bible is history: It's His Story

(Christ's story).

Christ lives in the history of the Orthodox Church after the New

Testament era ended in 100 AD. I do not follow men. You do.

Your doctrine of faith alone comes from Martin Luther, a man, and

not from Christ in the New Testament!

E

eternally-gratefull

Dear Eternallygratefull:

Why do you refuse to believe James 2:24? Why do you say "faith

alone", in contradiction to James?

Here we go again. How much faith is dead faith scott? When your dead will you have any life?

So tell me, How can a person who has "dead faith" be saved?

According to james. A person who has faith WILL show some works. How much work is needed to show one's faith is not dead scott? And would make faith salvic faith??