Does the Lord Have Feelings?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2009
Does the Lord have feelings, and if so, what responsibilities do we bear regarding those feelings?

M

MaggieMye

Yes He does. Our responsibility is to Love Him...as He first loved us, and to obey. That bring Him joy!

IN the OT, Israel disobeyed and angered Him.

Maggie

M

Marcus2x2

Precisely MaggieMye!

Oct 13, 2009
I'm sure he does, if he's omnipotent he must have the ability to emote.

C

Carpe_diem

Yes He does! He is the Creator of feelings and He agonizes over His children who go their own way. Have you ever experienced His weeping through the Holy Spirit...it is an uncontrolled weeping? I have wept rivers and didn't understand why in the moment I was. When I asked the Lord, about it He revealed that it is travailing for those who couldn't for themselves. Then He told me that He bottles those tears and in it's appointed time, He uses them to water the seeds He plants. I always thought that was so beautiful...certainly His ways and thoughts are much higher than ours. Amen!

Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Carpe_diem

S

sword

Good feelings such as love, joy and peace are fruits of the Spirit, so a true christian should have them.

C

concernedguy

Does the Lord have feelings, and if so, what responsibilities do we bear regarding those feelings?

The foolishness of the wicked make God laugh.
I always thought this was funny! No pun intended. But we are made in His image and we laugh.

It is amazing that when a person accepts Christ as their Saviour, God, Christ and the angels in
heaven have a party of joy.
If Everyone in heaven jumps for joy when each of us is saved, its unimaginable the party of
celebration God has planned once we get to heaven!

M

Marcus2x2

Yes even more good examples!! :)

T

taylor_11

John 11:35 - Jesus wept.

nuff said, I think. lol =) But seriously, we should try our best to not bring sadness upon God. The best way we can keep from doing this is to be obediant to Him.

Ephesians 4:30 - "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

Think of it this way, we as human beings obviously have feelings and the Bible says that we are made in God's image...also. how could a God w/out feelings create creatures who are so emotional?

D

Definition_Christ

Sure He does have emotions.

Love.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Anger
Psalm 7:11 God is a just judge,And God is angry with the wicked every day.

Plenty of other good examples in other posts :).. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.