Does this apply to me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PostWar

I need help with this:
Job 33:14 +
Is this true? Are Gods visions sometimes terrifying to alert us, warn us, prepare us? I think so but I cannot get one person to agree with me. I instead hear people say "If it isnt rainbows and sunshine it must not be from God."
Does this small part of this this story suggest that God speaks to us in visions in the night that are sometime terrifying? Or is it just Job complaining and then being corrected?
When I wake up and I "just saw something awful" but I feel that God is teaching me something very important and there to comfort me when I awake, is this God or is this the Great Deceiver who works in many ways himself?
Thanks & may God Bless all who read this - Post War

C

CBM82

I believe God has ways of getting our attention and it may not always be with rainbows, flowers, and sunny days but you have to use discernment because it could be from the devil.

....Sometimes the devil may use rainbows and sunshine......he disguises himself as an angel of light

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We are told to test all spirits in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, so do test always.
I have learned that when one is given a dream, or vision, it is always to glorify God and serve Him.
Sometimes to get our attention, sometimes to warn, sometimes to call us to pray, sometimes to bring comfort, but mostly to let one know that all is in His care.
That we may know His is the power and glory.
And we may have confidence in Him.

God bless
pickles

P

PostWar

On January 18th I woke up from a dream I had about Amir Hekmati, a prisoner at Evin Prison in Iran.
Hekmati has been accused of Espionage & was given 20 days to appeal before execution.
In my dream, Hekmati was bound and brutally tortured. I have never heard a man scream like this. I could still hear the screams when I woke up. Another man was placed in the room beside him & forced to listen to Hekmati's torture. When I woke up I was shocked & somewhat traumatized. I began to cry immediately began praying to God. I felt the Holy Spirit with me.
These are things I had not let my mind wonder & think about before. I look away from darkness and negativity in my own life. I won't even watch a scary movie.
When I wrote about it on Facebook (its still there), my father told me that because he is an American detained publicly & for political reasons, that he would not be tortured.
I tried to accept that my dream was just a dream. That's what people have been telling me for over 10 years "It's just a dream & means nothing."
I tried not to think of Hakmati & told myself that I would read the news again when his 20 days was up.
One morning I woke up & the thought of Hekmati's execution jolted me out of bed. I realized that I had lost track of the days. I worried that he had been executed already. I went straight to my computer to find out. It was Day 20 exactly. There was no word from the prison & no comment from the Iranian Government.
I once had a dream that my friend went though a windshield in a car accident. The dream haunted me during the day. I told this mans mother about the dream and I asked her to warn him but she didn't. I saw him a few hours before the accident. I wanted to tell him but I was worried I would be wrong, that I would embarrass myself by looking crazy. He went through a windshield and is paralyzed today.
I am putting myself out for all to criticize now. There is a chance that Hekmati will be released and claim that he was never tortured. But before it all goes down, this is my way of recording this. Glorious and magnificent is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I see why you are asking for help and understanding in Jesus.
I know some that have dreams like you have spoken to, they dream, and then it happens.
I know only that one should always look in Jesus Christ is Lord to God Our Father, and in this pray, for understanding and for those in the dream.
We cannot know the mind of God, for His understanding no one can fathom, but we can give all in Jesus to Him with trust and praise.
And in this, learn His will.
So that all glory shall belong to God!

God bless
pickles